3.2 years @ AUC & then

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spinaldoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i feel really stupid here so be kind. once a student matriculates then goes year round or not taking time off. someone tell me how it works and more ? 's to come. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If I understand your question, you complete your MD in that 3.2 yrs and then you move into your residency like US Grads You just go year round to save time away from the US. Mainly you just skip summers off.:)

That's actually really cool. I hadn't realized AUC offered this option.

They claim 38 months is possible, but you really can't do that anymore, at least not without timing EVERYTHING just right. Plan on more like 42 months or so. Once you get in, it's not about when you finish, just that you DO finish. Also, finishing in 38 months doesn't do you much good if you have to wait 10 months for the Match. You'll still pay the same amount of tuition, so you won't be saving any money there, either. It's not very feasible to finish that quickly, so don't use it as a major deciding factor in where you go.

Good luck!