1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

3.2 years @ AUC & then

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by spinaldoc, Apr 22, 2004.

1. spinaldoc

spinaldoc Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i feel really stupid here so be kind. once a student matriculates then goes year round or not taking time off. someone tell me how it works and more ? 's to come. thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CuteNurse

CuteNurse Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

If I understand your question, you complete your MD in that 3.2 yrs and then you move into your residency like US Grads You just go year round to save time away from the US. Mainly you just skip summers off.:)

4. Megalofyia

Megalofyia 425 lbs and growing
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    That's actually really cool. I hadn't realized AUC offered this option.

5. tRmedic21

tRmedic21 useless...
    7+ Year Member

They claim 38 months is possible, but you really can't do that anymore, at least not without timing EVERYTHING just right. Plan on more like 42 months or so. Once you get in, it's not about when you finish, just that you DO finish. Also, finishing in 38 months doesn't do you much good if you have to wait 10 months for the Match. You'll still pay the same amount of tuition, so you won't be saving any money there, either. It's not very feasible to finish that quickly, so don't use it as a major deciding factor in where you go.

Good luck!