3.25 gpa, Anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What schools do you guys think, or know, give interviews out with a 3.25 s/gpa and 30R on the MCAT?
just trying to make a list of which schools i should bother applying to, and save myself some cash!! already have CCOM and NYCOM on the list...
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I got interviews(and acceptances) at TOURO- NV and TOURO-CA with 3.4 and 30P, (but my science was only 2.8). Hope this helps.

2.85 GPA, 29N MCAT. 4 interviews (LECOM, LECOM-FL, Touro, Touro-LV), 3 acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
your mcat will easily pull you through. I have a 3.3 in both science and regular gpas and i doubt ill get any interview love with my 20 mcat

Iceageheatwave said:
your mcat will easily pull you through. I have a 3.3 in both science and regular gpas and i doubt ill get any interview love with my 20 mcat

Where'd you apply? I got one with 3.3/3.2 GPAs and a 19O, but then again I am waitlisted. If you turned in your app early to the right schools you could have a shot.

Jezzielin said:
Where'd you apply? I got one with 3.3/3.2 GPAs and a 19O, but then again I am waitlisted. If you turned in your app early to the right schools you could have a shot.

My file has only been complete for a few weeks

Jezzielin said:

When did you apply Jezzielin?

luckydoc said:
When did you apply Jezzielin?

As far as DO schools, UNECOM, LECOM, OUCOM, CCOM, NYCOM, MSUCOM. I think that is it, but only got "love" (if you want to call an interview love lol) from LECOM-Erie.

Jezzielin said:
As far as DO schools, UNECOM, LECOM, OUCOM, CCOM, NYCOM, MSUCOM. I think that is it, but only got "love" (if you want to call an interview love lol) from LECOM-Erie.

Sorry, didn't mean where. I was actually asking "when" you submitted your app (and secondaires) for LECOM.

luckydoc said:
Sorry, didn't mean where. I was actually asking "when" you submitted your app (and secondaires) for LECOM.

Oh, duh sorry! I submitted my primary about a week after they let you first submit in June, I got the secondary very quickly and turned it in, I want to say around July sometime, because I interviewed September 29th.

Jezz, my DO GPA was actually around 2.9 (surprisingly, my AMCAS GPA was 3.23... weird situation - but without grades from 20 years ago, my GPA is 3.6). My MCAT was 29. I got interviews from DMU, UNE, MSUCOM, and PCOM-Ga. My apps were also complete back in July/August. The first three interview invites I received the first week of September - PCom-Ga I only got in December.

I know MSU and UNE put pretty big marks on medical and volunteer experience. If you've got those covered, I don't know why you haven't heard from them.

ShyRem said:
Jezz, my DO GPA was actually around 2.9 (surprisingly, my AMCAS GPA was 3.23... weird situation - but without grades from 20 years ago, my GPA is 3.6). My MCAT was 29. I got interviews from DMU, UNE, MSUCOM, and PCOM-Ga. My apps were also complete back in July/August. The first three interview invites I received the first week of September - PCom-Ga I only got in December.

I know MSU and UNE put pretty big marks on medical and volunteer experience. If you've got those covered, I don't know why you haven't heard from them.

Oh I have heard back. Post-secondary rejections... :(
I go to MSU for undergrad too so I was bummed. They said the only reason they didn't interview me was because of my Junior year, second semester science GPA. Talk about specific. Oh well, I need a new change of scenery anyway...

Jezzielin, you say you go to MSU? Me too! What classes? I have BMB 462, EPI 390, CEM 252 (again), NSC 495, and MMG 409. Yeah, I really need to pick it up a notch this term...

Members don't see this ad :)
daveyjwin said:
Jezzielin, you say you go to MSU? Me too! What classes? I have BMB 462, EPI 390, CEM 252 (again), NSC 495, and MMG 409. Yeah, I really need to pick it up a notch this term...

Hi! Yea, I took Biochem, Orgo and Epidemiology too already.

This semester I have:
*Anatomy - 98% on my first exam! (average was 77%)
*Membrane Biophysics - Topics in PSL
*Functional Genomics - Topics in PSL
*ISS - graduation requirement I decided to ignore till now lol

Hopefully 4.0ing this semester will look good, esp because these classes, esp the topics classes are just crazy sounding lol, j/k.

To the OP, not trying to hijack your thread, but maybe PCOM or WVSOM?

I had 3.3 GPA overall and science with a 29MCAT score. Got in both places where I applied: MSUCOM and NSU(nova).

ping1050 said:
I had 3.3 GPA overall and science with a 27MCAT score. Got in both places where I applied: MSUCOM and NSU(nova).

what were your ec's like?

Last edited:
goodcook said:
Hey I go to State too! Who do you have for membrane biophysics? Dillon? I took it last semester.

No, I have it with a woman Leit-something. She used to teach with her husband till he unfortunately passed away two years ago. I can't remember how to spell her name - it's looooong! :oops:

yeah, I have to figure out some way of doing well in Orgo II this time, as my life depends on it (literally). Biochem II on the other hand, well that's just straight hate. Also, You said you had already taken the EPI class with Rip, right? We just got done with the first test, and I was wondering... does it get any harder? It all just seems so simple right now.

daveyjwin said:
yeah, I have to figure out some way of doing well in Orgo II this time, as my life depends on it (literally). Biochem II on the other hand, well that's just straight hate. Also, You said you had already taken the EPI class with Rip, right? We just got done with the first test, and I was wondering... does it get any harder? It all just seems so simple right now.

Orgo was actually fun for me lol... as far as EPI, I screwed up on a couple test, some of his questions I thought were picky, but no - it doesn't get harder lol.

Last edited:
goodcook said:
Jezz- good luck with anatomy...if it wasn't for a fire alarm going off during the third exam I wouldn't have 4.0 the class...our prof let us finish finish it at home

I wish anatomy was on the MCAT . . . it comes so naturally to me (I've taken two different anatomy classes and TA'd one of them too.

At least I guess I might have a "leg up" in that area on other students once I'm in med school (fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed).

karizma098 said:
What schools do you guys think, or know, give interviews out with a 3.25 s/gpa and 30R on the MCAT?
just trying to make a list of which schools i should bother applying to, and save myself some cash!! already have CCOM and NYCOM on the list...
thanks

You can look at my mdapplicants link in my sig. I'm 3.24 and 30P. Keep in mind, I'm having DO letter issues, so I don't know how many interviews I will get once my letters finally get in.

I had a 3.3 overall, 3.0 science and a 30Q and got interviews (so far) from LECOM, LECOM-Bradenton, PCOM-GA, and Pikeville. I got accepted to the first three and didn't go to the pikeville interview cause I really liked LECOM-Erie.

I did not get interviews from PCOM, Nova, Midwestern and New Jersey. Although Midwestern sent me a letter saying that I merited an interview although they hadn't decided whether or not to give me one....whatever that means.

And don't worry about one bad semester....D.O. schools tend to be more forgiving esp if you show improvement and do well on your MCAT. My sophomore year I got a grand total of a 2.5 GPA (2.2 one semester and 2.8 the other - yikes!! And most of those were science classes.) And interestingly enough, I was NEVER asked about that year in any of my interviews! The thing everyone seemed to care about was that my MCAT was above average for the schools I was getting interviews at and the fact that I had worked in health care for ~6 months. :) GOOD LUCK!