3.3 sGPA, 3.6 cGPA 515 MCAT

Started by hickeymt
Tags Tags
do & md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hickeymt

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im wondering with my stats if I'm competitive for MD or if I should apply DO? I will be applying in the summer and have a lot of volunteer and shadowing experience, 2+ yrs of research, and a leadership role in a free clinic in my colleges town and I'm also in the Honors College at my school. I live in KY and would like to stay in state, thinking about applying ED to UK.

The major problem I see with my application is I have 3 C's: one in gen chem (I had mono that yr and it was also freshmen yr) I have a C+ in second semester orgo lab, but got an A in orgo, and I have a C+ in biochem

Should i retake these classes before applying or should i look at doing a masters or taking more undergrad science classes? not sure which one is better
 
Last edited: