3.3 undergrad GPA, 3.8 SMP GPA, 512 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnwilmot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.3 undergrad GPA, 3.8 SMP GPA from a top SMP, 512 MCAT

I'm a CA resident. have lots of leadership, 300 hours of clinical care, some shadowing, not a lot of research (will be starting at a lab during my gap year). I also created an organization that has college students work with the homeless and hosts visits to senior centers, food drives, etc.

I had a late application due to my July MCAT, but most of my secondaries were in by August 28.

I'm kind of freaking out because I don't know when I should expect to start hearing back form schools.

This is my schools list.
Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein
Boston University
Cooper Med School in NJ
Creighton
Drexel
Florida International
George Washington
Hofstra - North Shore LIJ on Long Island
Jefferson
New York Medical College
Oakland Beumont
Quinnipiac Med School in Connecticut
Robert Wood Johnson Med School - Rutgers NJ
Rosalind
Rush
Sackler
St. Louis U
Temple
Tufts
Tulane
4 UC's
USC
Virginia commonwealth (added this last week so I'm late)

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Having your secondaries in before September 1 isn't late.

Your list is fine. Patience is a virtue. A 3.8 SMP student with a 512 has a strong chance of getting II's with this list.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Robert Woods, FIU and Cooper aren't good choices but the rest is fine. Consider adding Penn State, Loyola, Medical College Wisconsin, Western Michigan, Georgetown, WVU, Rochester, Miami and U of Arizona if it'll make you stress out less and boost your chances at the same time.

Robert Woods, FIU and Cooper aren't good choices but the rest is fine. Consider adding Penn State, Loyola, Medical College Wisconsin, Western Michigan, Georgetown, WVU, Rochester, Miami and U of Arizona if it'll make you stress out less and boost your chances at the same time.

It's not too late to add these?

Also I'm sending out DO apps. Which should I apply to?

I suggest:

U VM

USF Morsani (maybe)

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Rochester

Rush

Rosy Franklin

BU

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Emory

Tulane

Loyola

Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.
UCD
UCI
UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire

Any DO program, starting with AZCOM, both Westerns, SOMA, TUNCOM, Touro-CA and PacNW.

3.3 undergrad GPA, 3.8 SMP GPA from a top SMP, 512 MCAT

I'm a CA resident. have lots of leadership, 300 hours of clinical care, some shadowing, not a lot of research (will be starting at a lab during my gap year). I also created an organization that has college students work with the homeless and hosts visits to senior centers, food drives, etc.

I had a late application due to my July MCAT, but most of my secondaries were in by August 28.

I'm kind of freaking out because I don't know when I should expect to start hearing back form schools.

This is my schools list.
Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein
Boston University
Cooper Med School in NJ
Creighton
Drexel
Florida International
George Washington
Hofstra - North Shore LIJ on Long Island
Jefferson
New York Medical College
Oakland Beumont
Quinnipiac Med School in Connecticut
Robert Wood Johnson Med School - Rutgers NJ
Rosalind
Rush
Sackler
St. Louis U
Temple
Tufts
Tulane
4 UC's
USC
Virginia commonwealth (added this last week so I'm late)

What do you guys think?

Having your secondaries in before September 1 isn't late.

Your list is fine. Patience is a virtue. A 3.8 SMP student with a 512 has a strong chance of getting II's with this list.

When do you expect I should start hearing back form schools? Still trying to be patient haha. Thank you!