3.33 science GPA 3.5 overall only 501 MCAT :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbmhtx

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is my story, my science GPA was once a 2.67 due to my own laziness and disorganization, i was able to pull it up to a 3.33, overall its a 3.5 ish. I unfortunately took the mcat multiple times got a 501, i actually gave it everything to get that 501 :(, studied for 8 months straight, I guess the curve was not in my favor considering I walked out the exam feeling extremely confident. I have over 150 hours of volunteering both clinical and non clinical, over 150 hours of shadowing, currently enrolled in a CNA certificate course right now. I am using this year to improve my resume since I am aware that my numbers are nothing to brag about. I'm hoping that what makes me stand out is that I have an engineering degree and worked in an oil field for 2 years before returning to school. But regardless anyone have any suggestions. I personally feel that I have plateaued at a 501.

Members don't see this ad.

You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your stats and I suggest these:
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
UNECOM
Apply in the next month and submit all your secondaries by October.

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your other MCAT scores? Where do you live(State)? URM?
first one was i believe a 489, then 496, and then a 501, and I live in Texas and not an URM, I am aware though that getting into a Texas school is already out of the question

You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your stats and I suggest these:
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
UNECOM
Apply in the next month and submit all your secondaries by October.
Thanks but I really feel that I need to use this year to improve by ECs such as shadowing and my clinical experience, Ive heard applying this late is practically a death sentence, they're more selective for later applicants, hence why I feel that using the time to improve and applying by next May at the latest for 2022 would be better

Thanks but I really feel that I need to use this year to improve by ECs such as shadowing and my clinical experience, Ive heard applying this late is practically a death sentence, they're more selective for later applicants, hence why I feel that using the time to improve and applying by next May at the latest for 2022 would be better
For DO schools it is still early in the cycle. December would be considered late for DO schools.

For DO schools it is still early in the cycle. December would be considered late for DO schools.
Oh really, didnt know that well thanks for letting me know