Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Driftinglily11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My GPA is a 3.34, but I started out my undergrad as a Computer Science Major. Since I switched to Pre-Med my BCPM GPA is a 4.0 while my AO GPA a 3.78.

My MCAT was a 9 VR/9 PS/10 BS, which is lower than I would've liked. I have been working between 25-40 hrs a wk for the past 3 years and I am an Assistant Manager. I volunteer at a local nursing home a few hours a week, and I am also Vice President of an Academic/Service Based Fraternity.

I attend Michigan Technological University, which has a reputation of being very difficult, at least it does in the area. The Pre-Med program here is also very strong.

Does anybody think an MD School will even look at me?
What experiences do you have in a clinical/hospital setting (shadowing and/or volunteering)?

When are you planning on applying?

Do you know the breakdown of your GPA per academic year (freshman, sophomore, etc)?

Any research?

Right now, your chances at an MD school are not very good (less than 30% of students with your stats were accepted in previous years http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=838625). It would be wise to either add DO schools or plan on a post-bacc or SMP as well as studying to retake the MCAT. TBH, your MCAT performance doesn't really back up your 4.0 BCPM GPA (to be clear, is your BCPM a 4.0 or has it only been a 4.0 since switching to premed and is in reality lower than that?)