3.4 cGPA 3.45sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skitheloaf

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the MCAT in the spring, got a 35 and a 36 on the two practice tests I have taken.
ECs include
* RA at my college
* 200+ volunteering hours total, 50+ in the OR, 100 related to volunteering related to medicine, another 50 completely unrelated community volunteering.
* 50+hours shadowing a family prac (MD), also spent 50+ hours shadowing a DPT
* Officer in the Pre-Medical club at my school
* President and co-founder of the ping pong club at my school
*Certified health and life insurance producer
Will have at least 3 strong letters of rec (from a MD, the CEO of the largest hospital my homestate, and a professor).
Will be applying to a range of MD/DO schools in the US!
My biggest concern is my low GPA, however I have been on a very strong upward trend (2.9 cGPA freshman year, 3.35 sophomore year and holding a strong 3.8 so far this year with an A in Ochem/lab
Ive made a short list of schools to apply too:
UNECOM (Homestate)
LECOM
Tufts
Dartmouth
Umass worcester
Texas A&M
SUNY
Looking to add more schools to this list just want to find the right ones that match what I'm looking for.
Thanks for the help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

If you get a 35+ on the mcat and pull your GPA close to the 3.5 level, you should be fine getting in to a med school. I think getting an MSAR is in order. It has pretty much everything you need about schools that fit your GPA/MCAT/Mission/Financial/IS or OOS acceptances. Highly recommend subscribing for one.

Your numbers are at the bottom end of competitive, so forget any state schools outside your own home state. You cGPA falls into the <10% successful at Dartmouth, so scratch that as well. Suggest investing in MSAR and careful target schools whose mediams match your numbers. Your best bets will be with all low-tier MD schools and all DO progrmas (MCAT pending, natrually). Your ECs look great.

Taking the MCAT in the spring, got a 35 and a 36 on the two practice tests I have taken.
ECs include
* RA at my college
* 200+ volunteering hours total, 50+ in the OR, 100 related to volunteering related to medicine, another 50 completely unrelated community volunteering.
* 50+hours shadowing a family prac (MD), also spent 50+ hours shadowing a DPT
* Officer in the Pre-Medical club at my school
* President and co-founder of the ping pong club at my school
*Certified health and life insurance producer
Will have at least 3 strong letters of rec (from a MD, the CEO of the largest hospital my homestate, and a professor).
Will be applying to a range of MD/DO schools in the US!
My biggest concern is my low GPA, however I have been on a very strong upward trend (2.9 cGPA freshman year, 3.35 sophomore year and holding a strong 3.8 so far this year with an A in Ochem/lab
Ive made a short list of schools to apply too:
UNECOM (Homestate)
LECOM
Tufts
Dartmouth
Umass worcester
Texas A&M
SUNY
Looking to add more schools to this list just want to find the right ones that match what I'm looking for.
Thanks for the help guys!