3/4 into first year and my marks are slipping even more

Started by 57442
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

5

57442

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The thread title says it all.

And I'm literally addicted to my computer. I can't get off it. I sit in front of it like I have no life. It's been 8 hours straight now. I got maybe 20 minutes of chem done. Now I'm even more behind. I'm equally behind in my other 4 courses (except for calc). 2 exam within 2 weeks from now, one of them is chem...

I'm getting rid of the computer tonight, for good. I'm literally packing it away into my closet, at least until summer. I can't afford to lose marks.

This is a rant. Thanks for listening.

P.S. I need some anti-computer-addiction drugs. And some motivate-me-for-medicine drugs. If I study, I know I can pull 90s no problem. Why don't I? I'm such an idiot.

</rant>
 
Dude_Lebowski said:
The thread title says it all.

And I'm literally addicted to my computer. I can't get off it. I sit in front of it like I have no life. It's been 8 hours straight now. I got maybe 20 minutes of chem done. Now I'm even more behind. I'm equally behind in my other 4 courses (except for calc). 2 exam within 2 weeks from now, one of them is chem...

I'm getting rid of the computer tonight, for good. I'm literally packing it away into my closet, at least until summer. I can't afford to lose marks.

This is a rant. Thanks for listening.

P.S. I need some anti-computer-addiction drugs. And some motivate-me-for-medicine drugs. If I study, I know I can pull 90s no problem. Why don't I? I'm such an idiot.

</rant>

I recommend simply cutting the ethernet cable. Or better yet stuffing some hard to remove substance (ready-mix cement perhaps?) into your rj-45 jack.
 
I would cut the cable, but you have no idea how long it took my dad and I to wire it into my room. It was a miracle it even worked.

And I've spent too much on this computer to mess up the mobo Ethernet port! It's not a PCI card...

I'm backing up essential URLs and such and sending them over to my dad's computer at the moment (for school and such), listening to my last few mp3s *sniff*, and saying byebye for now...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why dont you just unplug it, or study at the library? Easy problem, easy solution.
 
Dude_Lebowski said:
The thread title says it all.

And I'm literally addicted to my computer. I can't get off it. I sit in front of it like I have no life. It's been 8 hours straight now. I got maybe 20 minutes of chem done. Now I'm even more behind. I'm equally behind in my other 4 courses (except for calc). 2 exam within 2 weeks from now, one of them is chem...

I'm getting rid of the computer tonight, for good. I'm literally packing it away into my closet, at least until summer. I can't afford to lose marks.

This is a rant. Thanks for listening.

P.S. I need some anti-computer-addiction drugs. And some motivate-me-for-medicine drugs. If I study, I know I can pull 90s no problem. Why don't I? I'm such an idiot.

</rant>

But you are the DUDE, maaaan. You are SUPPOSED to be the laziest man in los angeles...

Remember, the dude abides.