3/4 into first year and my marks are slipping even more

The thread title says it all.

And I'm literally addicted to my computer. I can't get off it. I sit in front of it like I have no life. It's been 8 hours straight now. I got maybe 20 minutes of chem done. Now I'm even more behind. I'm equally behind in my other 4 courses (except for calc). 2 exam within 2 weeks from now, one of them is chem...

I'm getting rid of the computer tonight, for good. I'm literally packing it away into my closet, at least until summer. I can't afford to lose marks.

This is a rant. Thanks for listening.

P.S. I need some anti-computer-addiction drugs. And some motivate-me-for-medicine drugs. If I study, I know I can pull 90s no problem. Why don't I? I'm such an idiot.

</rant>

davidus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Cali
    Dude_Lebowski said:

And I'm literally addicted to my computer. I can't get off it. I sit in front of it like I have no life. It's been 8 hours straight now. I got maybe 20 minutes of chem done. Now I'm even more behind. I'm equally behind in my other 4 courses (except for calc). 2 exam within 2 weeks from now, one of them is chem...

I'm getting rid of the computer tonight, for good. I'm literally packing it away into my closet, at least until summer. I can't afford to lose marks.

P.S. I need some anti-computer-addiction drugs. And some motivate-me-for-medicine drugs. If I study, I know I can pull 90s no problem. Why don't I? I'm such an idiot.

</rant>

I recommend simply cutting the ethernet cable. Or better yet stuffing some hard to remove substance (ready-mix cement perhaps?) into your rj-45 jack.

I would cut the cable, but you have no idea how long it took my dad and I to wire it into my room. It was a miracle it even worked.

And I've spent too much on this computer to mess up the mobo Ethernet port! It's not a PCI card...

I'm backing up essential URLs and such and sending them over to my dad's computer at the moment (for school and such), listening to my last few mp3s *sniff*, and saying byebye for now...

About the Ads

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Sep 3, 2004
    1. Medical Student
      Dude_Lebowski said:

</rant>

But you are the DUDE, maaaan. You are SUPPOSED to be the laziest man in los angeles...

Remember, the dude abides.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.