3.55(c) 3.33(s) 500 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

statistician

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
*Already have sent 23 secondaries Early August to only DO schools, 9 more remain

mcat score breakdown: 125, 122 126 127
-tons of clinical and health care experience/scribe/experience with underserved etc.
-research experience
-teaching experience
-DO letter, MD letter/math professor letter/possibly weak science letters from professors in classes with over 250 students (gen chem and biochem)
-statistics major so took lots of math and stats classes which unfortunately haven't contributed to science gpa for DO
-graduated from a great research school in the midwest

Hi yall,
So, here it goes. I have applied to all the DO schools. I have pretty good EC's and personal statement seems solid. I have submitted 23 secondaries so far and have 9 more to go. I sent in the majority of my secondaries early August and haven't heard back from anywhere aside from pre secondary rejection screens from Touro CA, CUSOM, and LUCOM. My plan so far is to go full force in CARS and the MCAT again if I indeed don't hear back from anywhere by January.

Question is, do you think I have a chance at receiving any love from any schools. Haven't heard anything yet so I'm feeling a little discouraged. Also, does it sound like a feasible plan to go full force on MCAT in January for the next cycle? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive some love.... not surprised you got pre-secondary rejected from those schools -- they are known to have more stringent cut off. That 122 is low, but the 500 in itself along with a decent GPA will give you a change at some of the newer schools (since you applied to EVERY DO school I would be shocked if you did not get some II)

Agree

You should receive some love.... not surprised you got pre-secondary rejected from those schools -- they are known to have more stringent cut off. That 122 is low, but the 500 in itself along with a decent GPA will give you a change at some of the newer schools (since you applied to EVERY DO school I would be shocked if you did not get some II)

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: Have received 3 II's :)
I'm surprised LUCOM auto-screened you as you have better MCAT than I (498 with lowest 123) and that is my only II so far! Congrats on the IIs, which schools (if you don't mind sharing)?