3.6/512 URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ninjahat

Reaction score
Looking for honest feedback! I just came up with school list using MSAR
3.7 cumulative/3.6 science
512 MCAT: 127/124/131/129
State: Ohio
AA URM
volunteer (clinical/non clinical)
150hrs student volunteer
250hrs tutoring in underserved community
Research experience (~3000hrs)
Co-authored a published paper and recently submitted another one.
Shadowing experience (30hrs)

Other extracurricular activities
Physics TA, leadership role in student club, currently doing research during gap year.

Relevant honors or awards
Scholarship recipient, dean’s list

School List
-Vanderbilt
-Loyola
-UW SMPH
-Boston
-Ohio State
-Cincinnati
-Michigan
-Northwestern
-UChicago
-Case Western
-WashU St Louis
-Pitt
-Georgetown
-Yale
-Dartmouth
-UIC

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any clinical volunteering or employment hours with patient contact ? What were the 150 hours of student volunteer ?

Do you have any clinical volunteering or employment hours with patient contact ? What were the 150 hours of student volunteer ?
Yea the 150hrs is clinical volunteering with some patient interaction.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to about 10 top 20s, 10 midtiers, and HBCUs and state schools. You've got a shot at top schools but don't get too top heavy.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats and ECs :
Toledo
NEOMED
Wright State
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Case Western
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Boston University
Tufts
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Miami
Emory
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State

I suggest these schools with your stats and ECs :
Toledo
NEOMED
Wright State
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Case Western
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Boston University
Tufts
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Miami
Emory
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Thank you!

Looking for honest feedback! I just came up with school list using MSAR
3.7 cumulative/3.6 science
512 MCAT: 127/124/131/129
State: Ohio
AA URM
volunteer (clinical/non clinical)
150hrs student volunteer
250hrs tutoring in underserved community
Research experience (~3000hrs)
Co-authored a published paper and recently submitted another one.
Shadowing experience (30hrs)

Other extracurricular activities
Physics TA, leadership role in student club, currently doing research during gap year.

Relevant honors or awards
Scholarship recipient, dean’s list
Any prior participation in academic enrichment programs geared towards the health professions? Any networking with chapters of AMSA or SNMA? I'm a little concerned about 30 hours of shadowing since you don't offer details about it and your overall clinical experience for me to see how you really stand out. While tutoring to underserved communities is a good experience, it doesn't make you stand out because every premed does some tutoring or teaching.

Any prior participation in academic enrichment programs geared towards the health professions? Any networking with chapters of AMSA or SNMA? I'm a little concerned about 30 hours of shadowing since you don't offer details about it and your overall clinical experience for me to see how you really stand out. While tutoring to underserved communities is a good experience, it doesn't make you stand out because every premed does some tutoring or teaching.
The shadowing was in pediatrics critical care. As for networking, I was planning on joining SNMA once I entered medical school.

Have you talked with any current SNMA members at the medical schools you're interested in?
I haven’t really reached out to any school as I’m still just choosing which schools to apply to.

I haven’t really reached out to any school as I’m still just choosing which schools to apply to.
Suffice it to say, you should. Picking a school is just like picking a lifelong partner... don't go by what you see on the internet profile alone, especially if you're paying to date.

Suffice it to say, you should. Picking a school is just like picking a lifelong partner... don't go by what you see on the internet profile alone, especially if you're paying to date.
Lol duly noted

What sorts of things should we be talking about? The experience of the student on campus primarily? If so should we try to connect with an actual student or a faculty member?
To the OP, I previously wrote: Have you talked with any current SNMA members at the medical schools you're interested in?

Aren't you at all interested in what the student experience is?