3.6 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, 31Q MCAT -FL resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrissyxf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Brief background:
I'm a non-trad student. I took alot of courses Pass/Fail in undergrad because I had been accepted to an bachelor/med program and just wanted to explore my interests without worrying about grade grubbing. In any case, after graduation, I took a side track with a year off and took additional chem and anatomy classes to apply to PA school (got a masters) thinking that that would be a satisfying career for me...2 years into working at a teaching hospital, I've realized I want to go to medical school- took the MCAT and took organic chem 2 (got an a) while working full time (50 hrs/week) and studying for mcat.

Now applying.
Other ECs:
In college: Team in Training (participant/mentor), EMT squad (leadership position), bench research (won a summer grant for that), worked through all 4 years (in the cafe, at the med school as an assistant, and as a student fundraiser), TA in my major, developed/taught a basic stats class for the public at dept of health
post grad: published CME article in PA journal, won a sig grant for my department as a PA, volunteered w/ my church w/ homeless
strong LORs from my boss (leading physician in his field in the world), recent organic chem prof, and a couple of profs from undergrad i've kept in touch with
If it helps, I'm a URM

Applying:
UM
FIU
FAU
UCF
USF
my alma mater (since I had previously been accepted)
Drexel
Jefferson
NYMC

Anywhere else? and what are my chances- thanks!

Members don't see this ad.