3.6 sGPA 3.4 cGPA 38Q MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CamIsRad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that my cumulative GPA is on the low end, this was due to, well lets just say I was a ***** in my first years of my undergraduate studies. However I was able to focus and I ended up in my last five semesters not having lower than a 3.75 GPA.

So my question is, will my cGPA keep the door shut for me despite my upward trend and a very good MCAT score?

I have very good ECs including two summers of research, over a thousand hours at a low income clinic in a rural area, many other community service opportunities, shadowing and leadership roles.

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I realize that my cumulative GPA is on the low end, this was due to, well lets just say I was a ***** in my first years of my undergraduate studies. However I was able to focus and I ended up in my last five semesters not having lower than a 3.75 GPA.

So my question is, will my cGPA keep the door shut for me despite my upward trend and a very good MCAT score?

I have very good ECs including two summers of research, over a thousand hours at a low income clinic in a rural area, many other community service opportunities, shadowing and leadership roles.

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You are fine. Your sGPA is good and your EC's sound good as well, not to mention your excellent MCAT. The door is very open for you. The strong upward trend will help you a lot, ESPECIALLY if you have a lenient state school. What state are you a resident of?

The MCAT and upward trend give you a much higher chance than a "typical" applicant with a 3.4 cGPA