3.64cGPA, 3.46sGPA, 25Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gc91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I should have sent my ACCOMAS in earlier, I'm new at this. It's going out as soon as they confirm my MCAT (tomorrow, hopefully). Score breakdown was 8PS 9V 8BS. I've got 500+hours of shadowing (MD and DO, all aspects of primary care along with surgery and ER) 100+ hours of volunteer work (soup kitchens, church stuff), I've been president of one club for going on 3 years now, I occupy a leadership position for another club, and I tutor. My undergrad school is Jesuit, which has a very similar approach to education that osteopathy has to medicine.

Mostly I really want to go to either LECOM, Marian, or West Virginia. I've never wanted to be anything but a rural primary care physician and most of my experiences are reflective of that. I am from NY, but not any of the major cities. I was born and bred upstate, where there are more cows then people and the school is K through 12 (yes that means I did 13 years with the same 100 kids). Definitely experienced in rural medicine. So how do I look?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I should have sent my ACCOMAS in earlier, I'm new at this. It's going out as soon as they confirm my MCAT (tomorrow, hopefully). Score breakdown was 8PS 9V 8BS. I've got 500+hours of shadowing (MD and DO, all aspects of primary care along with surgery and ER) 100+ hours of volunteer work (soup kitchens, church stuff), I've been president of one club for going on 3 years now, I occupy a leadership position for another club, and I tutor. My undergrad school is Jesuit, which has a very similar approach to education that osteopathy has to medicine.

Mostly I really want to go to either LECOM, Marian, or West Virginia. I've never wanted to be anything but a rural primary care physician and most of my experiences are reflective of that. I am from NY, but not any of the major cities. I was born and bred upstate, where there are more cows then people and the school is K through 12 (yes that means I did 13 years with the same 100 kids). Definitely experienced in rural medicine. So how do I look?
You have an excellent shot at these schools.

My adviser wants me to retake (I'm signed up for September 7th.) I emailed Lecom's admission and an adviser at west virginia to see what they say. Needless to say I'm frustrated because this is delaying sending out my primary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although Marian and West Virginia may have a regional bias which may not benefit you, I think conveying your strong interest in rural medicine will attract them to you. Also, just in case I would recommend applying to AT LEAST 2 more DO schools.

Although Marian and West Virginia may have a regional bias which may not benefit you, I think conveying your strong interest in rural medicine will attract them to you. Also, just in case I would recommend applying to AT LEAST 2 more DO schools.

Yup, especially if you can convey that interest in your ECs and personal statement. And yeah, branch out a bit more.

I'm also applying to Alabama, LMU-Debusk, VCOM, Touro-NY, UNE, and PCOM (Philly and Georgia). Other then Alabama and LMU though, I think I look kinda marginal.

Cancelled my MCAT retake. It's been (only) 10 days since my primary got sent out. I know I've got another 2 and half weeks, at least, until I'm verified and probably 3 and a half before I'm released. I'm working on prompts so that they'll hopefully be done by the time secondaries arrive. All this waiting, even if I am competitive (VCOM also says I am) sucks.