3.7/3.6 515 Help expanding School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoJo6336

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you want to expand your list, you could add:
Drexel
Temple
Thomas Jefferson
Cooper
Einstein (?)

Off the top of my head.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!

I was also considering adding 2-3 of these:
BU
Mount Sinai
Mayo (MN)
Wash U
UVA
Duke

Thoughts on any of these as reaches? Is there a way to strategically pick reaches?

I'd advise against WashU, as your stats aren't very competitive. Same with UVA (as an OOS) and BU.

Reactions: 1 user
You can definitely add BU. I'm from MA and I know they love UW trends.According to MSAR OP is well above the 10th percentile gpa and MCAT. The MCAT is a little lower than the average ( 517 is the average), but with their fantastic EC"s I think they're perfect as long as they fit the school's mission.
But yeah not WashU. They're MCAT ****** above all else.

You can definitely add BU. I'm from MA and I know they love UW trends.According to MSAR OP is well above the 10th percentile gpa and MCAT. The MCAT is a little lower than the average ( 517 is the average), but with their fantastic EC"s I think they're perfect as long as they fit the school's mission.

By all means OP can add BU. I agree that if she has the right EC's, then it's a valid addition.

Thanks! I decided against WashU and UVA. I'll add BU and Mount Sinai because I really feel that I fit with the mission of those schools with my interest in health disparities and health policy. I'm trying to decide on one more reach school. I like Baylor and UCSF but I've heard they don't take many out of state students. So maybe Duke or Mayo...

But yeah not WashU. They're MCAT ****** above all else.

Should I add Virginia Commonwealth and Rosalind Franklin ?

Thanks! I decided against WashU and UVA. I'll add BU and Mount Sinai because I really feel that I fit with the mission of those schools with my interest in health disparities and health policy. I'm trying to decide on one more reach school. I like Baylor and UCSF but I've heard they don't take many out of state students. So maybe Duke or Mayo...

With your interest in health disparities and health policy you would probably like Mayo's Science of Healthcare Delivery curriculum - Science of Health Care Delivery - M.D. Program - Mayo Clinic

@Goro I highly value your opinion: Do you think I need to expand my list or is 22 schools sufficient?

@Goro I highly value your opinion: Do you think I need to expand my list or is 22 schools sufficient?
Your list is fine, but I can't recommend U CO. Odd so for getting in as OOS are < 2%. Go for U VM or one of the public Great Lakes schools, like U Toledo, or U Cincy. I can't recommend Penn State. Do a search as to why.

Also consider

Mayo

Duke

Cornell

Mt Sinai

Columbia

Pitt

Hofstra

FYI, Cooper only accepts ~1% of OOS. Poor choice for non-Garden Staters.

Your list is fine, but I can't recommend U CO. Odd so for getting in as OOS are < 2%. Go for U VM or one of the public Great Lakes schools, like U Toledo, or U Cincy. I can't recommend Penn State. Do a search as to why.

Also consider

Mayo

Duke

Cornell

Mt Sinai

Columbia

Pitt

Hofstra

FYI, Cooper only accepts ~1% of OOS. Poor choice for non-Garden Staters.

Thank you!