Help me build my school list (515, 3.7)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1166184

Hi all, I just got my score back (515- 130/127/128/130) and I'm hoping I can get some help building my list, here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.4 (got a C in Physics 1 and then A in Physics 2, but majority of my bio/biochem classes were B's, my school doesnt do +/-)

College: Top 40/50 ish, majors: biochemistry w/ honors, human nutrition

Residence:
NYC (lived here for a year, MA for 10)

Ethnicity:
Asian (Chinese)

Clinical Experience:
Clinical Research Coordinator (1 year now, planning on doing 2) in a major NYC hospital
Shadowing ~150 hours (OR and pain clinic)
Volunteer - Pediatrics + Level 1 Acute at top rated hospitals ~250 hours

Research Experience:
Research Assistant for around 2 years (paid/full-time, got a summer internship in the beginning for 6k) at a top rated hospital in MA, wet lab research w/mice
research assistant for a year at my undergrad (unpaid)
co-op in a biochemistry lab at HMS (1 semester)

Publications:
1st author of 2 published papers (data driven, none of my own research, one published in a journal with a 4.04 impact)
co-author (somewhere in the middle list wise) of 2 published papers, one with an impact 13.787, other 8.787), 2022 + 2023

Other Experiences:
Camp Kesem Counselor, sorority finance chair, sight volunteer for a local sight center, Honduras service trip

Anything Else:
1 letter from my undergrad english professor, 1 letter from my nutrition major advisor, 1 letter from my research lab PI, 2 letters from my work (both MDs), all should be very strong, currently 1 year out of undergrad

School List:
UMass (not sure if I'd have an advantage, as I'm planning on putting my residency as NY)
UF (have connection with current medical student there)
Tufts

I'd really appreciate some help with building my list, my sGPA is rather low but I have a lot of experience, especially clinical and research, hoping that counts for something.

Members don't see this ad.

It's peculiar you have started off your school list with no in-state programs. I'm guessing you're going to apply to all of them anyway, and your chances are better in-state. Check the OOS patterns with UMass and UF and the compelling reason why you would thrive at those programs (having a connection isn't sufficient).

As you have described it, your clinical and research experience count as "checking the box." You have not articulated anything that would want me to send you an interview invitation, other than we might be interested in your research.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Albany
Rochester
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
UMass
Hackensack