3.7 GPA, 510 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edb63

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have 3.7 cGPA, and a 3.6 sGPA with an upward trend (I have gotten 4.0s my last two semesters), and I'm from Pennsylvania (born in Ohio). I majored in Biology with a minor in writing My MCAT is 510 with 127 C/P, 128 CARS, 126 B/B, and 129 P/S. I have volunteered at a children's hospital, done a little research, worked as a scribe, and done a lot of community service. I am also in a large national sorority and had some leadership positions and i am a TA for a freshmen biology class. I had an advisor telling I have almost no chance of getting into a med school, but after looking at MSAR, that didn't make sense to me. Can anyone offer any advice on what schools I can get into?

So far in terms of MD schools I am planning on applying to
Drexel, George Washington, Penn State, Albany, Rosalind Franklin, Cooper, Drexel, Geisinger
I am also looking at PCOM and TouroCOM for DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could receive interviews at these schools with your stats so apply to all of them:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Commonwealth-Geisinger
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Albany
Seton Hall
George Washington
West Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
You are competitive for all DO schools so apply to several that appeal to you.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest:

Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
Albert Einstein (maybe)
UCF (maybe)
U Toledo
Dartmouth
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
CUSM IF you're from CA
Your state school.
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Geisinger only if you're from the Scranton area.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest:

Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
Albert Einstein (maybe)
UCF (maybe)
U Toledo
Dartmouth
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
CUSM IF you're from CA
Your state school.
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Geisinger only if you're from the Scranton area.
Thanks, this is very helpful. Can you tell me why you can't suggest Touro-NY? That was one that I was interested in