3.8 370 Not enough Research Exp?/"Safety Schools"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zebrafisher

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
your numbers are exceptional. Your GPA is 90th percentile at just about every school, your MCAT is above the 90th percentile for every school except for maybe WashU.

your list looks fine.

Pitt puts a strong emphasis on research.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I guess they are exceptional. Good to know about Pitt.

But do you think the list is too top-heavy? The only schools I think that would be "mid tier" are a couple of the state schools, GW, and BU.

Add a few non-reaches. Especially since most of those state schools have heavy state preference, and you obviously don't live in all those places lol. Look into the Philly schools perhaps?

your numbers are exceptional. Your GPA is 90th percentile at just about every school, your MCAT is above the 90th percentile for every school except for maybe WashU.

your list looks fine.

Umm this is not true. GPA is average (top 50% not 90% for the top schools that OP is applying to) and MCAT is above average (prolly 70% for top schools). WashU median MCAT I believe is a 38, so more like 40 not 90 percentile.

Umm this is not true. GPA is average (top 50% not 90% for the top schools that OP is applying to) and MCAT is above average (prolly 70% for top schools). WashU median MCAT I believe is a 38, so more like 40 not 90 percentile.

True, cording to the msar the 90th for the top tier schools appears to be in the range of 3.91-4 depending on the school. Your MCAT places you towards the middle top or median of the best of the best schools. To be fair though your stats put you at a good chance of being accepted at these top school. I wish you luck!

u'll get at least one acceptance out of that top heavy list...u're fine..ur stats are insanely good

MCW and Vermont might be two to look into.

Ok. Have any recommendations for some good safeties? Especially in the midwest?

Lol not really, sorry. I'm from Texas so all my safety schools are from there. Wish I could help more.

Buy access to the MSAR and look for some schools with lower stat ranges that you would still be interested in. Your stats are good, and you will probably get into one of those top tier schools. It's just that you can never be too careful.