3.8/524 | ORM | T5 | Strong EC, Upward Trend - SCHOOL LIST NEEDED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nijoshi123

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering whether I could get some advice about what school list I should have going into the upcoming cycle

GPA: 3.8 C, 3.73 BCPM (Strong Upward Trend, 4.0 J/S years)
Major: Biology, Biochemistry Minor: Chemistry, Philosophy
MCAT: 524
School: T5

Clinical Experience:
- 800 hours volunteering as a Medical Assistant during Pandemic (in California, low income clinic)
- 150 hours volunteering near school at local Spanish-oriented clinic

Shadowing:
- 30 hours with Pediatric Oncologists
- 20 hours with Surgical Oncologists

Research:
- 1000 hours with one lab (Immuno-Oncology - Preclinical) - 3 conference papers
- 500 hours with children's hospital lab (computational clinical research - Pediatric Neurooncology) - 2 conference papers, 1 publication (co-authorship)

Nonclinical Volunteering:
- 1000 hours with my Nonprofit leading workshops, running webinars, and running weekly events in SoCal/Philadelphia/NYC
- 300 hours as volunteer on peer-helpline
- 80 as volunteer tutor for lower-income communities

ECs:
- founded/direct a nonprofit focused on youth refugee programming and hold annual summer workshops, monthly events, webinars + manage finances, grant writing, etc. -- branches now located in 3 major metropolises across US
- volunteer for peer hotline (take calls and assist students dealing with challenging circumstances)
- Ignite Fellow - teach classes to students virtually for 5 hours a week; worked with schools in Houston and Phoenix
- Millennium Fellow - assistance from UN to implement program for migrant centric learning in my city
- President of Be the Match Club
- Swing Dance Troupe
- Head Coach of Ethics Bowl Team

Members don't see this ad.

State of residency? Demographics and geography? Why do you want to be in medicine?
Apologies! CA is state of Residency, Undergrad in Northeast, Indian, would like to apply in Northeast and California

Dealt with a considerable amount of cancer-related deaths in my family and it has made me very interested (as everyone is these days!) in the cell biology of cancer and possible treatments that could resolve this; I am interested in helping lower income communities and focusing my work on migrant communities specifically.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apologies! CA is state of Residency, Undergrad in Northeast, Indian, would like to apply in Northeast and California

Dealt with a considerable amount of cancer-related deaths in my family and it has made me very interested (as everyone is these days!) in the cell biology of cancer and possible treatments that could resolve this; I am interested in helping lower income communities and focusing my work on migrant communities specifically.
Where did you grow up in California? Are you still connecting with the medical schools in that part of the state?

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you grow up in California? Are you still connecting with the medical schools in that part of the state?
Grew up in Southern California near LA, not doing too much beyond some work with my nonprofit at the schools down there; some of my research work heavily involves cohorts/close partnerships with physicians at UCSD and UCLA

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
The UCs
USC Keck
Kaiser
Washington University
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Michigan
Case Western
Ohio State