3.8 c/sGPA, 503 MCAT, URM School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The-Adster

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am in desperate need for some opinions on my allopathic medical school list below (after all of my stats). I have already posted on here, but this school list was created using the MSAR, ProspectiveDoctor, and Reddit (for the percentage out of state accepted). I think I crafted a decent school list, but am wanting to know if I should remove any - seeing that I already have an additional 13 DO schools I am applying to.

Here are my stats:
  1. cGPA = ~3.87, and sGPA = ~3.79 - 3.85 (the variation is due to the fact that I have seen the different application systems give me different sGPAs because of course classification differences).
  2. MCAT = 503 (128/123/127/125). Yes, I know this is a bad one, lol.
  3. New Mexico Resident.
  4. Hispanic/Mexican American/Latino (URM).
  5. I attended New Mexico State University. Graduated with major in Kinesiology with minor in Biochemistry.
  6. Clinical Experience = ~1250 hours.
  7. Research Experience = ~50 hours as a data collector for 2 semesters.
  8. LOTS of shadowing.
    1. ED PA-C = 100 hours.
    2. Paid Summer Intern with multiple disciplines (Infusion/Hematology, Pulmonary, OT/PT, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology) = 144 hours.
    3. Required Undergraduate Internship = 185 hours Neurosurgery and 118 hours Orthopedics (total of 303 hours).
  9. Non-Clinical Volunteering = ~200 hours at local independent senior home, and still going.
  10. Other ECs = ~50 hours of local tutoring/premed advising, ~20 hours for local middle school pen pal mentorship, currently employed with Varsity Tutors and will start picking up more clients when school starts. Also ~700 hours as ED scribe.
  11. I am a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS). Was on Dean's Honor List for multiple semesters. Graduated with Honors.
  12. N/A
Now here is my Allopathic School List:
  • University of New Mexico School of Medicine
  • University of Arizona College of Medicine (Tucson)
  • University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
  • Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
  • TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine
  • The University of Toledo College of Medicine
  • Wayne State University School of Medicine
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
  • Howard University College of Medicine
  • Loma Linda University School of Medicine
  • Meharry Medical College
  • Morehouse School of Medicine
  • West Virginia University School of Medicine
  • Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
  • University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine
  • University of Washington School of Medicine
Yes, I know that some of these prefer African American applicants, but does that really mean that I should not apply? I saw that they still had a Hispanic student population. Also, on the MSAR, most of these schools' CARS 10th percentile scores were 124; am I too bold to apply with my 123 score?

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.