MD & DO 3.83 cGPA 3.69 sGPA (8/7/8) 23 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scruggs92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to only DO schools and have a letter from an emergency medicine DO doctor. Here are my ECs.

I currently work as a scribe in two emergency departments. I have had this job for 9 months and work an average of 20 hours a week. I know a lot of people have scribing on their application these days, but it is honestly so much experience! Rather than shadowing and volunteering, you actually get to do stuff haha. Hopefully this will look good.

My first two years of college I played college tennis for a Division 2 team that was ranked top 10 in the nation. I decided not the play Junior year because the team was getting stronger and I want to focus on school. I was able to maintain good grades (3.80+) my Freshman and Sophomore year.

I worked in a cadaver lab for 2 years at my school where I gave presentations to 100s of people at a time. I did very well in the dissection course. Not many undergrad schools have a cadaver lab where you actually dissect cadavers so I'm hoping this will look good. My other work experience involves giving tennis lessons and working for my dad's business. His business is hands on labor.

Over the summer after my Sophomore year I shadowed a PA for family practice, a PA or an orthopedic surgeon and a family nurse practitioner in pain management. I have the hours logged and it is about 80 total hours. I mostly observed, but I did help with the patients a little bit. I saw a lot of different things.

I have 100 volunteer hours at a clinic for the underprivileged. 90% of the patients were Spanish speaking and I can speak moderately decent Spanish.

Something interesting about me is that I was popular Youtuber with 70 ,000 subscribers and over 11,000,000 video views making some decent money. I did the channel with my brother and a friend.

Thanks for reading, any school suggestions would be appreciated!

EDIT: I submitted my application 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping to be verified in about 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying to only DO schools and have a letter from an emergency medicine DO doctor. Here are my ECs.

I currently work as a scribe in two emergency departments. I have had this job for 9 months and work an average of 20 hours a week. I know a lot of people have scribing on their application these days, but it is honestly so much experience! Rather than shadowing and volunteering, you actually get to do stuff haha. Hopefully this will look good.

My first two years of college I played college tennis for a Division 2 team that was ranked top 10 in the nation. I decided not the play Junior year because the team was getting stronger and I want to focus on school. I was able to maintain good grades (3.80+) my Freshman and Sophomore year.

I worked in a cadaver lab for 2 years at my school where I gave presentations to 100s of people at a time. I did very well in the dissection course. Not many undergrad schools have a cadaver lab where you actually dissect cadavers so I'm hoping this will look good. My other work experience involves giving tennis lessons and working for my dad's business. His business is hands on labor.

Over the summer after my Sophomore year I shadowed a PA for family practice, a PA or an orthopedic surgeon and a family nurse practitioner in pain management. I have the hours logged and it is about 80 total hours. I mostly observed, but I did help with the patients a little bit. I saw a lot of different things.

I have 100 volunteer hours at a clinic for the underprivileged. 90% of the patients were Spanish speaking and I can speak moderately decent Spanish.

Something interesting about me is that I was popular Youtuber with 70 ,000 subscribers and over 11,000,000 video views making some decent money. I did the channel with my brother and a friend.

EDIT: I submitted my application 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping to be verified in about 2 weeks.
VCOM-Auburn
LMU
WVSOM
KYCOM
KCOM
SOMA
ACOM
MUCOM
CUSOM
PCOM-Ga
PNWU
COMP-NW
LECOM-E
WCU
LUCOM (if you are really desperate)

The 23 is circling the drain for DO schools. You'd be autorejected at mine. Suggest a retake (there's still time this cycle) and if you do better, then you can expand the list. Otherwise, user3's list is what you're limited to.

Reactions: 1 user
VCOM-Auburn
LMU
WVSOM
KYCOM
KCOM
SOMA
ACOM
MUCOM
CUSOM
PCOM-Ga
PNWU
COMP-NW
LECOM-E
WCU
LUCOM (if you are really desperate)

Thanks for the list! This is similar to what I have come up with.

The 23 is circling the drain for DO schools. You'd be autorejected at mine. Suggest a retake (there's still time this cycle) and if you do better, then you can expand the list. Otherwise, user3's list is what you're limited to.

I will probably retake in December or January. Thanks for the input.