3.9+ GPA, 39R MCAT, need help with safety school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lcck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
With your credentials and experience, it looks like you already know what you're doing. But for your list, I am only familiar with UVA and I'm pretty sure you'd get an interview from there.

Could you get the PI to co-sign the LoR the post-doc is writing?

Members don't see this ad :)
x

Last edited:
x

Last edited:
Here's my school list so far:
Albert Einstein
Baylor
Boston U
Case Western
Rosalind Franklin
Columbia
Duke
Dartmouth
Harvard
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins
USC
Mayo
Mount Sinai
NYMC
Northwestern
OHSU
UPenn
Brown
Stanford
UCD
UCI
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
U of Chicago
U of Michigan
U of Virginia
U of Washington
Vanderbilt
Cornell
Yale
U of Wisconsin
Rochester

Is this a good balance of schools?

You should be fine. If you are trying to cut down on the list, maybe get rid of RFU, OHSU (OOS), Washington (OOS), and Brown (a lot of 7-year BA/MD students.)

Curious whom you worked with while you were at UCSF...I did research there for a bit in the bioinformatics/biophysics area. PM me if you don't feel confident talking about it in open.

I would like to see how your application cycle turns out. You have a good chance at all of those schools.

x

Last edited:
34zyc7q.jpg

x

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would remove Brown, unless you're really set on it for some reason. SLU is also kind of random.

Other than that, you're applying to all the top 20 except Cornell, Pitt, and Vanderbilt. Any rhyme or reason to leaving those out?

I do think you will find a place at one of your "match" schools, assuming you're a reasonable person in-person.

Final bump, tentative final list:

WashU
JHU
Harvard
Duke
UCLA
UCSD
UChicago
UPenn
Yale
Stanford
UCSF
Northwestern
UMich
Columbia
Brown
Mount Sinai

Dartmouth
UCD
USC
Albert Einstein
UCI
Saint Louis University
Georgetown

Match schools. My LizzyM score is close to or higher than the median LizzyM scores of these schools.
Safe schools. My LizzyM score is 10 points higher than the median LizzyM scores of these schools.

I only want to apply to fewer than 25 schools. Thanks in advance.

As Nymphicus mentioned, you should cut out Brown. Other than that, your list looks great. Good luck!

x

Last edited:
You are going to get into an ivy! Congrats! The publications make your app... amazing.

UCSF diabetes research - did you do any work with the immune tolerance network?

x

Last edited:
x

Last edited: