3.9 Gpa Class retake ? HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorthMason757

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN, long story short, i received a D in a Community college political science class during high school because i over slept. The rest of my grades being all A's. 4 Later years I have a 3.9 cumulative GPA at a top 20 university that I have been going for 4 years (the low grade was during high school). I have 3 years of research with a publication, over 1000 hours volunteering including shadowing, clinical etc, and plan on taking the mcat soon. My only problem is that i had not retaken this class, how will the MD Coms look at me? should I retake the class? Means a lot if i can have your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The MD Adcoms don't care about your high school political science class. Study for your MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was at community college, i took the class during my high school years.

If it was a science class it may warrant a retake especially if it was used as a pre-rec. Clearly, this is bothering you if you want to retake it go ahead, but I advise against that as the Adcoms don't care about some random class from over 4+ years ago they will understand it is not a representation of your newer work. Which a 3.9 GPA speaks for itself. Just make sure you do well on your MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Relax. Just forget about it. You don't need to retake it. It won't hurt you at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Once you have about a 3.7gpa ADCOMS don't even care anymore. You're fine