3.95/521 - School list for next cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello9478

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest:
NYU
Columbia
WashU
Vanderbilt
Yale
JHU
U Chicago
U Penn
Northwestern
Harvard
Mayo
Cornell
Stanford
Case
Duke
Sinai
U VA
BU
Baylor
UCSF
Pitt
USC/Keck
UCSD
UCLA
U MI
Rochester
Hofstra
Ohio State
U Cincy
Dartmouth
Western MI
USF Morsani
SUNY-SB
U MA
U IA
Albert Einstein
Emory
Tufts
NYU-LI
Jefferson
Miami
U CO
SLU
U VM
U WI
Your state school

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest:
NYU
Columbia
WashU
Vanderbilt
Yale
JHU
U Chicago
U Penn
Northwestern
Harvard
Mayo
Cornell
Stanford
Case
Duke
Sinai
U VA
BU
Baylor
UCSF
Pitt
USC/Keck
UCSD
UCLA
U MI
Rochester
Hofstra
Ohio State
U Cincy
Dartmouth
Western MI
USF Morsani
SUNY-SB
U MA
U IA
Albert Einstein
Emory
Tufts
NYU-LI
Jefferson
Miami
U CO
SLU
U VM
U WI
Your state school
I really appreciate the feedback. Would you recommend I apply to all of these schools, or 20-30 of them? Also, would you say my ECs might pull me down for the top schools you listed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really appreciate the feedback. Would you recommend I apply to all of these schools, or 20-30 of them? Also, would you say my ECs might pull me down for the top schools you listed?
I recommend applying to 20-30 schools, 35 tops. You'll go crazy writing 40 apps.

It's your job to cull the herd.

I think you should be OK. In the mean do whatever you can to bulk up the clinical exposure and/or the service to others less fortunate than yourself. There are still venues even in the age of COVID

Reactions: 1 users
Your metrics should be high enough that in-states will want to find a way to keep you, and any schools outside of your state will definitely give you attention. Focus on a quality application and not quantity of them, so I would go on the lower end between 20-30 schools. Do proper networking to make sure there's someone at the schools near the top of your list looking for you.

Your list is good as long as you add all of your in-state schools. Don't make the mistake of excluding them.