WAMC: ORM 3.95 GPA/521 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProsporeMembrane

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was planning my school list for the 2024-2025 cycle and wanted to ask for recommendations on what schools I shoul add/remove and what my chances are looking like.

MA Resident ORM

GPA: 3.95 with sGPA of 4.0
MCAT: 521

Extracurriculars:

Research:
Currently working in a lab that I started over a year ago. Have about 500 hours so far, but I will be continuing till I graduate (3 more semesters and the summer) and am working on a departmental thesis

Clinical Experience:
Started to work as Medical Assistant at a local clinic. Will be expected to have 150 hours by the time of application, but I want to continue for at least a year.

Tutoring:
Was a tutor for a 200s level Bio course for about 80 hours.

Shadowing:
80 hours total (40 each from 2 specialties)

Volunteering:
None yet, but I am planning to volunteer at a local health center later on. Not too concerned as of now cause my MA work is volunteer and not paid.

School List (Strongly prefer in State or at least somewhere in the northeast):
UMass Medical
Tufts
Boston University
Harvard Medical
Brown Medical
Yale Medical
Quinnipiac Medical
New York Medical College
NYU Grossman Medical
Cornell Medical
Albert Einstein Medical
Icahn Medical
Stanford Medical
Hackensack Meridian
University of Miami
Nova Southeastern

I know my ECs are weak, but it was honestly all that I was able to complete due to other commitments I have. Thank you in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Not too concerned as of now cause my MA work is volunteer and not paid.
See post by @Mr.Smile12

Even 150 hours of MA work is low relative to your good stats.

It looks like you are planning no gap years. You would benefit from a gap year if you are not able to get more clinical experience and non-clinical service volunteering. Otherwise, many schools won't look at you.

Reactions: 1 users