3.97/515 International Student school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1103160

Hello! I need help coming up with a school list. Since I'm an international student, I'm hoping I get accepted to a medical school

• State/Country of Residence:
    • International student (not a permanent resident) lived in CA for 10+ years
  • Year in School: Junior
  • Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): Biology Major
  • Graduate Degrees (if applicable): None
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.97
  • Science GPA: 3.96
  • MCAT Score(s): 515
  • Research Experience:
    • 2.5 years in a molecular biology lab (~2000 hours)
  • Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. first author, second author, etc.):
    • Currently drafting a first author pub, will have two first author pubs by the time of matriculation. Not sure if I'm going to finish one by the time I apply in June
    • Two first author posters presented at international conferences, three co-authored posters, one oral talk at a school-wide symposium
  • Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer):
    • ~450 hours COVID contact tracing/screening overseas (paid full-time job, 3 months)
    • ~50 hours hospital volunteering across different specialties (volunteer, 8 months)
    • ~50 hours hospice volunteering (volunteer, 3 months)
  • Physician Shadowing:
    • ~70 hours (OB/Gyn, ENT surgeon, anesthesiologist, ophthalmologist)
  • Non-Clinical Volunteering:
    • ~200 hours directly helping the homeless at a nearby park. They know me by my name, I know them by their names lol. Super involved in this (1 year)
    • ~40 hours selling donated clothes for the local kids in need (3 months)
  • Other Extracurricular Activities:
    • Cello for 10+ years, clarinet and piano
    • Intramural soccer, won the league
  • Other Employment History:
    • Biology TA for 2.5 years (400 hours)
    • Recitation class lecturer (~20 hours)
INCOMPLETE SCHOOL LIST

Boston University

Tulane University

Georgetown University

University of Illinois

Thomas Jefferson

Saint Louis University

Emory University

Dartmouth University

Brown University

Any help would be appreciated! My school list is incomplete--please let me know which schools to add/take out :)

Members don't see this ad.

You could add these schools to your application:
George Washington
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Rush
Virginia Commonwealth

Reactions: 1 user
If you have a compelling story to support your application, there's nothing stopping from applying to several T10-T20 schools. I'm a non-Canadian international student with comparable stats (higher GPA, lower MCAT) and was successful at a few T10 programs this past cycle. Consider adding Mt Sinai, UCLA, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Pitt. You can also add Stony Brook or Case Western - both have been accepting international students every year. All the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have a compelling story to support your application, there's nothing stopping from applying to several T10-T20 schools. I'm a non-Canadian international student with comparable stats (higher GPA, lower MCAT) and was successful at a few T10 programs this past cycle. Consider adding Mt Sinai, UCLA, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Pitt. You can also add Stony Brook or Case Western - both have been accepting international students every year. All the best!
Thank you so much for your encouraging words! Mind if I PM you with a quick question?

You could add these schools to your application:
George Washington
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Rush
Virginia Commonwealth
Thank you for your input!!

I am also a noncanadian international student that will be applying next cycle. Did you have any success in your cycle? I have similar stats and ECs like you, and just wanted to get guidance about this whole application system as an international student