3.97/MCAT pending/MD/ORM. School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhaCha

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I need help checking my school list as I am not sure if my stats/EC's warrant the amount of top schools I applied to.
  • Graduated: Fall 2020
  • URM?: No, ORM
  • Country/state of residence: Maryland
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.97
  • Science GPA: 3.98
  • MCAT Scores: Waiting for score, expecting around 520, pessimistic is 517-518
  • Research – Worked on my on neuroscience research in a lab (2 years, about 550 hours total) with no pubs and some disruption due to covid, did a funded summer research program at a medical school which was virtual due to covid (180 hours)
  • Volunteering (clinical) – Unpaid medical assistant for a few months (400 hours) and still ongoing with many hours projected. Volunteered at a clinic for three summers in developing (home) country for about 500 hours, planning to do more during gap year.
  • Physician shadowing – 40 hours in internal medicine and surgery
  • Clinical - Scribe for half a year with about 150 hours.
  • Non-clinical volunteering: Online tutor during covid (200 hours), volunteer at high school in underserved area in my home country (300 hours)
  • Teaching: Many different TA and tutoring experiences since my sophomore year (1200 hours total)
  • Extracurricular activities: was captain of a sports team for every semester.
Schools thinking of applying to:

Dartmouth, Hopkins, UCSF, Yale, Northwestern, Howard, Icahn, Maryland, Stanford, UCLA, Harvard, Emory, UVA, Georgetown, UPenn (perelman), Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Pittsburgh, Mayo, Vanderbilt, University of Michigan, Arizona, Tufts, Temple, GWU, uChicago, NYU, BostonU, Virginia Commonwealth, Albert Einstein

Might do a couple of DO schools as well for backup. Any feedback would be amazing, and thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Post your actual MCAT score here when available and I will comment on potential schools to apply to.

Reactions: 2 users
Post your actual MCAT score here when available and I will comment on potential schools to apply to.
My actual MCAT turned to be a 518 (131/124/131/132). Really got destroyed by CARS on the day. I would appreciate suggestions for schools to apply

I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Maryland
Georgetown
George Washington
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
West Virginia
Duke
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Rochester
Boston University
Tufts
Dartmouth
USF Morsani
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Kaiser
Mayo
Your CARS score of 124 may be below the minimum for some top tier schools.