3 Community College Transcript + 1 UC Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

koh1995

Is it bad to have 4 transcripts when applying to medical school? I have 3 community college transcripts and 1 UC transcript. People tell me it looks bad, but I want to know how true that is and if that really effects my chances.

Members don't see this ad.

How much time did you spend at each school? I've heard that a lot of transferring around between different colleges can be a bad sign for admission committees.

I have 3 CC transcripts, 1 UC transcript, and 1 transcript for grad school. Didn't seem to hurt me. So chill out and don't listen to whoever told you that.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How much time did you spend at each school? I've heard that a lot of transferring around between different colleges can be a bad sign for admission committees.

at 1 of the community colleges i spent a few semesters while i was in high school, then two years coming out being enrolled in college.
at another community college i took 2 classes while i was in high school.
at the last community college i took 1 class while i was in college after high school.
i spent 2 years at the UC

at 1 of the community colleges i spent a few semesters while i was in high school, then two years coming out being enrolled in college.
at the last community college i took 1 class while i was in college after high school.

You're fine. I've seen this plenty of times and people did great. Also, this is something you can't change so why do you dwell over it and let it stress you out? You can't undo your other transcripts. Focus on what you can control. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Too many community college transcripts hurting your chances? That's a new premed myth I hadn't heard of.

Reactions: 3 users
Community college is different, people attend various community colleges in order to save money, to get ahead while in high school, or when they are trying to work their way up to a 4 year institution. The reason that multiple school transfers looks bad is because it shows a lack of ability to figure out whether a certain school or situation will be a good fit for you. If you have transferred multiple times in college without a good reason like family concerns or money, then adcoms can't be sure that you aren't going to be "wrong" about which medical school you choose. The goal is to admit students who will be able to complete their medical education while at the school.

Community college is different, people attend various community colleges in order to save money, to get ahead while in high school, or when they are trying to work their way up to a 4 year institution. The reason that multiple school transfers looks bad is because it shows a lack of ability to figure out whether a certain school or situation will be a good fit for you. If you have transferred multiple times in college without a good reason like family concerns or money, then adcoms can't be sure that you aren't going to be "wrong" about which medical school you choose. The goal is to admit students who will be able to complete their medical education while at the school.

Dude, no one is going to analyze OP's situation this vigorously. Just because someone switched community colleges it does not mean that they cannot be decisive about medical school. Many students take dual enrollment community college course in high school and then go on to a different community college after high school graduation. And then they may even take a few summer classes at another community college. This is more common than you think, especially for lower income students that are wary about expenses. I personally know someone in this situation who was accepted at a top 10 school. Don't make adcoms seem so unreasonable. Stop spreading paranoia. OP is fine.

Dude, no one is going to analyze OP's situation this vigorously. Just because someone switched community colleges it does not mean that they cannot be decisive about medical school. Many students take dual enrollment community college course in high school and then go on to a different community college after high school graduation. And then they may even take a few summer classes at another community college. This is more common than you think, especially for lower income students that are wary about expenses. I personally know someone in this situation who was accepted at a top 10 school. Don't make adcoms seem so unreasonable. Stop spreading paranoia. OP is fine.

Exactly, which is why I said that community college transfers are different from randomly transferring between institutions :)

Edit: what I mean is, we agree

Exactly, which is why I said that community college transfers are different from randomly transferring between institutions :)

Edit: what I mean is, we agree

Sorry, I misunderstood your post the first time I read it :)

You're fine :)

Don't give in to premed myths my friend. I had exactly those transcripts and did very well with med school applications. I even took cc classes during and after I went to a UC. Oh and in regards to another premed myth: I took a bunch of my classes pass/fail.