3 F's first semester, am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jera.Azure

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm 20, a junior in college, and a medical school hopeful. I live in North Dakota, am Native American, but I am so scared that my chances to attend medical school were completely ruined by my first semester of freshman year. I received 3 F's, as well as 1 D. I didn't take it seriously at all, I have no family deaths to make excuses, or anything of the like. I just simply did not take it seriously, and my grades suffered as a result. However, since then, I've been highly motivated, I retook those classes, got A's in all four of them, and I currently have a GPA of 3.6. I guess I'm worried, like, are my hopes and dreams of attending medical school over?