3 letters of rec by sept 1 for ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesteel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to have your three letters of rec when first applying to programs through eras on sept 1?

Members don't see this ad.

No - but I believe you have to put in who the letter writers are. They certainly don't have to be done though, they get uploaded as they are completed, most programs won't delay your application status/interview invites because you are missing LORs. I suppose there are some that do, but it isn't common.

yaah said:
No - but I believe you have to put in who the letter writers are. They certainly don't have to be done though, they get uploaded as they are completed, most programs won't delay your application status/interview invites because you are missing LORs. I suppose there are some that do, but it isn't common.

Can u designate letter writers later? (i.e. after submitting the ERAS CAF on 9/1)?

I haven't done my sub-i yet so I don't know who one of my LOR writers will end up being until like at least midway through september.

chicamedica said:
Can u designate letter writers later? (i.e. after submitting the ERAS CAF on 9/1)?

I haven't done my sub-i yet so I don't know who one of my LOR writers will end up being until like at least midway through september.
Yes you can. You can juggle names whichever way you want. But it is too late when a letter is uploaded onto the ADTS post office and a program has already downloaded it...then you can't be like, "oh i was just kidding, I really don't want you to use that letter."

AndyMilonakis said:
Yes you can. You can juggle names whichever way you want. But it is too late when a letter is uploaded onto the ADTS post office and a program has already downloaded it...then you can't be like, "oh i was just kidding, I really don't want you to use that letter."

cool very cool. . .thanks so much andy! I keep asking and you keep answering. . .I appreciate it a lot. . . :)