3 more months..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uniquerabbit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. It's almost summer and I will be attending med school at the beginning of August. This year has been my float year prior to matriculating. Up until now I have just been working/doing not much of anything. I am taking the next couple of months off and I want to do something amazing before my face is turned down into a book for the next 4 years.

Sooo... I have a couple of problems. Financially, I am unable to splurge and go for something huge, like Europe/Italy/France, etc... Does anyone know of anything I could do for a relatively low price? Out of the country or in the country.

My other option was to go back home, kick back in a lounge chair in the lawn and redneck it out for a few weeks with some beer and suntan lotion...Buuuutt, ,I get bored to easy.

I am unable to think of something to do myself (pathetic), which is why I would like the assistance of you amazing people.

Members don't see this ad.

eff...

I guess there is a similar thread 3 posts down...

Still open to any ideas though.

Anybody road tripped it across America solo before?

Go skydiving, visit some theme parks, go-cart racing, water parks, skiing, hiking, camping, the list goes on and on.

Have fun bro. In a few months, shiz is gonna get real. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
I start in august as well. I have a friend that works on Royal Caribbean cruise ship and am going on a week long cruise with him. it's $10 a day...cant beat that!!!

National parks, state parks, find the ones near you and start going to them all. Find some natural history museums, any museum! There are tons of things to do relatively cheap that will give great memories! Hit the NPS before they get rid of all of them!

Have lots of fun and relaxation during your summer! Once you get going, it's a grueling, painful process that will sometimes leave you wondering why you have paid to put yourself through torture. It is all worth it, especially days like today when you have rocked another round of block exams and do not have a care in the world until tomorrow. Good luck and congrats!