1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

3 Red Xs-What does that mean?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by luckyduck, Oct 18, 2001.

1. luckyduck

luckyduck Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I just checked my AMCAS application and I have three red Xs. They are over Transcript Requests, Coursework and Schools Attended. Am I being verified? If so, how long does it take for the rest of the Xs to show up?

Thanks, Laura :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. audeo

audeo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I only got three red X's and the others were never crossed. I was verified/processed about a week later but the X's remained the same. Since some of my schools been getting verifed app from AMCAS, well I figure it has been verified. Wondering what's up with the schools that haven't though. Nevertheless, I figure I am being lucky in this mess to have everything done, except two schools-UCSF, Finch. I like Stanford better than UCSF anyway so it doesn't matter. Waiting eagerly for interview from Stanford. App's been complete for 3 days now and still nothing TT.TT

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

3 red X's is all you get. You get blue X's after your classes if a correction is made, otherwise it's blue slashes. You're verified when a date shows up in the upper right of the printed application. Some schools get the verified app pretty fast because they're set up to receive electronic transmission (like Keck, Stanford, Michigan, Pittsburgh). Other schools get mailed only a summary app (which they mail out in batches every Monday -- so probably the Monday after you're verified) and then somewhat later (unclear how much later) they are mailed a complete paper copy of your app. My lawyer got this info from the Director of AMCAS, so I'm pretty confident about it.