3 Red Xs-What does that mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyduck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just checked my AMCAS application and I have three red Xs. They are over Transcript Requests, Coursework and Schools Attended. Am I being verified? If so, how long does it take for the rest of the Xs to show up?

Thanks, Laura :)

Members don't see this ad.

I only got three red X's and the others were never crossed. I was verified/processed about a week later but the X's remained the same. Since some of my schools been getting verifed app from AMCAS, well I figure it has been verified. Wondering what's up with the schools that haven't though. Nevertheless, I figure I am being lucky in this mess to have everything done, except two schools-UCSF, Finch. I like Stanford better than UCSF anyway so it doesn't matter. Waiting eagerly for interview from Stanford. App's been complete for 3 days now and still nothing TT.TT

3 red X's is all you get. You get blue X's after your classes if a correction is made, otherwise it's blue slashes. You're verified when a date shows up in the upper right of the printed application. Some schools get the verified app pretty fast because they're set up to receive electronic transmission (like Keck, Stanford, Michigan, Pittsburgh). Other schools get mailed only a summary app (which they mail out in batches every Monday -- so probably the Monday after you're verified) and then somewhat later (unclear how much later) they are mailed a complete paper copy of your app. My lawyer got this info from the Director of AMCAS, so I'm pretty confident about it.