3 Science courses per semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SGT2MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am coming off of a deployment from Afghanistan soon, and I am planning to jump right back into school. Since I was a business major, I have taken all the math, English, history ect.. Now, all I have are a bunch of science courses to finish up my Biology degree. I'm thinking about doing three science courses per semester and maybe one other class such as Botanic or Biochem or something. I will not have to worry about work because my post 9/11 GI bill will be sufficient for me to live, plus I've saved all of my deployment money. I plan to take the next year and a half to do nothing but school. I know the answer to this would more likely be "depends", but it would be nice to get some more inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

That's definitely doable. I took gen chem, gen bio, and gen physics during the spring, and in the fall had organic I, immunology, precal and micro. It takes a lot of studying, but if you manage your time it's possible.

Hi,
I am coming off of a deployment from Afghanistan soon, and I am planning to jump right back into school. Since I was a business major, I have taken all the math, English, history ect.. Now, all I have are a bunch of science courses to finish up my Biology degree. I'm thinking about doing three science courses per semester and maybe one other class such as Botanic or Biochem or something. I will not have to worry about work because my post 9/11 GI bill will be sufficient for me to live, plus I've saved all of my deployment money. I plan to take the next year and a half to do nothing but school. I know the answer to this would more likely be "depends", but it would be nice to get some more inputs.

completely doable. I'm doing physics II, gen chem II, and physiology right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Biochem is also a science class, and likely a fairly time consuming one too. That being said, I still think it's doable.

Hi,
Definitely doable, and on top of that med schools want to see that you can handle course loads that are science heavy so it would only improve your app if all goes well. Good luck with everything!

If you ask people on SDN, everyone will tell you it's doable :D. Since you won't be pressed for time in regards to having to juggle work + ECs + other stuff on top of school, it should be more manageable, but it depends on how well science "clicks" with you and what your time management skills are.

There are people who have tried to copy me and take 4 science classes in one quarter (would advise against this if you have other stuff to do), and failed despite only having to focus on academics. But I'm going to assume your study habits are pretty solid, so you should be fine :p. Good luck!

Hi,

Did you incorporate space for labs? 2 lecture classes and 2 lab sections, or 4 lectures and 4 labs? They will eat up most of your day, ie lecture in the am, lab in the pm.