MCAT 3 Ways to Maximize Your Thanksgiving Break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCAT Self Prep

Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For most people, Holiday vacations mean taking a break from school and doing something fun. For students who are in school while studying for the MCAT, however, getting time off from school is the time to ramp up one’s MCAT studies. In this week’s MCAT tip, I’m going to outline 3 simple things that you can do this Thanksgiving break to get a (turkey) leg up on the MCAT.

The first thing you can do is to finalize your study plan. Thanksgiving break is no time to feel anxious and planning is one of the best ways to decrease stress. With a plan in your back pocket, you will feel confident about your ability to get a top MCAT score. My Create-your-own Study Plan Course will set you up with a customizable, individualized study plan based on your unique needs. Many students find that meeting with me (or one of our other elite tutors) after finishing this course is the perfect way to put the finishing touches on their study plan. You will want to feel confident that you are on the path to getting a stellar score.

Another thing you can do if you are normally busy with school is to get in some extra hours of studying. Spending time with your family and friends during the Holidays is most definitely important, but if you are serious about getting a top score, you will need to make some sacrifices. When I was studying for the MCAT I was extremely busy with school, volunteering, shadowing, and working a part-time job. I am sure most of you can relate to this situation. During my holiday breaks, I made sure to get in some extra studying without fully sacrificing my family and friends. I decided to wake up at six o’clock and study for 3 to 5 hours every morning. Then I would be fully available for my family and friends the rest of the day. These study hours were crucial in my long-term effort in attaining a 99th percentile MCAT score.

A great thing to do during holiday breaks is to take advantage of travel time. Even if you are staying home for the holidays, people tend to travel more during their vacations. And whether you are on an airplane flight to the Bahamas or heading to the movies with your family, you can maximize this time for MCAT studying. During my winter break, my family and I went on a ski trip. I took my notecards in the car with me and used this time to review the concepts that I had studied during my study session that morning. By upgrading to our Advanced Pro Plan, you will gain access to over 3,300 Quizlet practice problems that you can do from your smart phone. It is the perfect way to spend a little extra time working your way towards a top MCAT score during your holiday break.

No matter how you decide to spend your Thanksgiving Break, I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and friends. Life will only get busier, and precious moments with those we loved are priceless. May we all have a very special time this holiday season.

Warm regards,

Andrew George

Members don't see this ad.