3 weeks, Strategy??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uthopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys think the best strategy is for the last three weeks. I am thinking of doing a practice test(kaplan,aamc) every two to three days and spend the days between reviewing them. There are a few topics in the physical science that I am weak in. I have looked over these topics but still am weak in them. Do you think I should keep spending time trying to learn them or should I just practice,practice,practice from here on out and hope that I become stronger in my weaknesses through practice tests.

Also for those of you taking kaplan or have taken kaplan which practice tests do you suggest doing besides the first five that are given in class. Thanks, good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Focus on the practice tests at this point. If you've repeatedly studied your weak areas and you aren't improving, you might as well cut your losses and focus on everything else. I was also weak on some phys. sci topics, but it helped to study the answers to those questions on the practice tests. You will learn a lot from the answer explanations.

Hmm... I'd give the opposite advice. Practice exams are certainly important, but doing one every few days is a bit excessive. Pace yourself to one every four or five days (focus on AAMC 3-6 and ditch Kaplan), and spend the rest of the time reviewing your weaknesses. Don't be afraid to go to a textbook or your bookstore for an intro physics book.

my advice, more tests, less concepts - you will improve much more by doing the problems and seeing the different ways a concept is used in questions. I studied for the MCAT 2.5 weeks (1 week for a single read through the review book, 1.5 for tests) and all worked out fine.

This is my second time around, so I am planning on doing one practice test every weekend plus one the week of (most likely on Wed.). I will use the weekdays to study weak areas (mainly physics). I would also recommend doing a few practice writing samples two to three days before. I did this before the April test and it really helped me out.