3 weeks till DAT - progress and thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsoni

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've got 3 weeks until my DAT. I already took all individual bootcamp tests, so for full lengths practice I started taking DAT genius full lengths. So far, I took two tests, and this is how I did:

Full Length 1: 22 Overall
Bio: 22
General Chemistry: 22
Organic Chemistry: 24
PAT: 22
Reading: 20
QR: 20

Full Length 2: 21 Overall
Organic Chemistry: 21
PAT: 21
Reading: 19
QR: 19

What do you guys think? I want to see myself score 22-24, but I feel like reading and QR keep dropping me. What are your thoughts on it?
Also, does anyone else feel that their bio section is ridiculously hard?? I wanted to cry while taking the bio section in the second full length lol.

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're well on your way to get a 22+. Go back to the practice tests and figure out the style of questions you're getting wrong in QR. Review them until the thought-process is second nature.

As for RC, there's no real way to prepare beyond practice tests and reading scientific articles IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you're well on your way to get a 22+. Go back to the practice tests and figure out the style of questions you're getting wrong in QR. Review them until the thought-process is second nature.

As for RC, there's no real way to prepare beyond practice tests and reading scientific articles IMO.
Thanks man! Have you taken any DAT genius tests? What did you think about their bio section?

Thanks man! Have you taken any DAT genius tests? What did you think about their bio section?

I took their free bio test back when I was studying, I think I got a 23? I got a 21 in that section on the real DAT, so I felt it was similar (maybe sliiightly easier) in difficulty.

Members don't see this ad :)

I think you're doing solid with those scores, you just need to put in more time into Reading Comp and you should be good (comes with a lot of practice).

I think you're doing solid with those scores, you just need to put in more time into Reading Comp and you should be good (comes with a lot of practice).
Thanks! I have a lot more reading passages! So I'll just keep practicing!

Hey guys,
I've got 3 weeks until my DAT. I already took all individual bootcamp tests, so for full lengths practice I started taking DAT genius full lengths. So far, I took two tests, and this is how I did:

Full Length 1: 22 Overall
Organic Chemistry: 24
PAT: 22
Reading: 20
QR: 20

Full Length 2: 21 Overall
Organic Chemistry: 21
PAT: 21
Reading: 19
QR: 19

What do you guys think? I want to see myself score 22-24, but I feel like reading and QR keep dropping me. What are your thoughts on it?
Also, does anyone else feel that their bio section is ridiculously hard?? I wanted to cry while taking the bio section in the second full length lol.

youre doing well on the prac exams. keep grinding, do more prac exams, and review well. Good luck!