3 year accelerated pharm d program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chem123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know schools other than albany and MCHS that have the accelerated program because i'm really interested in this program. The problem is most schools are very picky in these programs most of the time you should have a degree and extremely high gpa, i wasnt planning on getting a degree, i was just finishing my pre- reqs.....SO IF ANY1 KNOWS OF ANY AND ALSO GOT INTO THEM W/O A DEGREE PLEASE LET ME KNOW...THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the "Sticky" at the top of the threads and click on the one that has all the pharmacy FAQ's.... There is a link for all the 3 year programs. I copy and pasted it for you as well.

Albany College of Pharmacy
Duquesne University
Ferris State University (a 3.5 year option is available to 4 year students)
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Massachusetts - Worcester
Midwestern - Glendale
Pacific University
South University
Sullivan University - opening Fall 2008
University of Appalachia
University of the Pacific
University of Southern Nevada

I know Massachusetts doesnt require a degree but 70% of the people they accept have at least a Bachelors degree.

Good Luck

Hi,

The Sullivan University College of Pharmacy is a 3-year accelerated program. You can check our website at http://library.sullivan.edu/pharmacy/default.htm for admissions requirements and pre-requisites. You do not need to have a degree for entry to Sullivan--you only need to have your pre-requisites completed.

We will begin our inaugural class in July 2008.

Our new Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Assessment, Dr. Frank Facione, began on May 1, 2007. He would be most excited to discuss our program with you. You can email him at [email protected], or call him at 502-413-8643.

If you need further information, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Albany College of Pharmacy does offer 3-year accelerated Pharm.D but I like to say that they have taken their last class for the Albany Campus and will slowly phase it out completely.

However it should be noted that the Vermont Campus is opening up sometime in 2010 for admission. They plan on taking accelerated students there. If all else fails I guess thats were I'll be heading. :cool:

P.S currently enrolled in their pre-med BSPS program.

does anyone know schools other than albany and MCHS that have the accelerated program because i'm really interested in this program. The problem is most schools are very picky in these programs most of the time you should have a degree and extremely high gpa, i wasnt planning on getting a degree, i was just finishing my pre- reqs.....SO IF ANY1 KNOWS OF ANY AND ALSO GOT INTO THEM W/O A DEGREE PLEASE LET ME KNOW...THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I got into USN with no degree.

I'm kinda confused about these 3 year programs. Do students in these programs take 25 credits/semester or is it that they have no summer vacation?

Its like roughly 17 to 19 credits a semester with no summer... I know LECOM does 10 weeks quarter semesters...

I 'm going to be starting at South U in JUne. I would def recommend checking this 3 year school out. It's in Savannah, GA which is a nice place..real pretty! WE start in June and end three years later in June. WE're on the quarter system and go year round but we get a break after every quarter which is about 10 days -2 weeks so it's really not that bad and we have 3 weeks at Christmas. Honestly the pace is faster but in my opinion it's worth it to be done a year sooner.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted into South and also really liked it. It isn't going to work out for me to go there but I would say it is a good school to try for.

I wish I had known about the 3 year programs before. I live in NC, and the only programs near me are UACP and South, but I won't have the prereqs finished for the upcoming year. So I'll have to apply to the 4 year schools instead.

Albany is phasing out!!!!! ???? this is the first time I am hearing about this....can you please provide some info

This was one of the schools I was planning on applying to this year for 09

Albany College of Pharmacy does offer 3-year accelerated Pharm.D but I like to say that they have taken their last class for the Albany Campus and will slowly phase it out completely.

However it should be noted that the Vermont Campus is opening up sometime in 2010 for admission. They plan on taking accelerated students there. If all else fails I guess thats were I'll be heading. :cool:

P.S currently enrolled in their pre-med BSPS program.

I spoke to the admissions rep. in March inquiring about the 3-year accelerated program for 2009 entry. He stated that 2008 was the last year for 3-year at Albany campus, and then suggested I apply now for 2008 2nd year entry. He stated that, with my 3.3 GPA, my chances for acceptance into 2nd year program would be better and this way I could finish my prerequisites at ACP and move on to professional program. He also stated that the 3-year accelerated program was much more competitive and acceptances have GPA's of approx. 3.7.
I was a little hesitant about applying so late in the cycle (mid March), knowing that Albany is rolling admissions, but considering the suggestion of the admissions rep. I decided to apply. When he also stated that "for the sake of admission's, we consider the higher grade of retaken courses", I was happy about that because it would give my GPA a little boost.

SO I rushed around preparing my application (requesting transcripts and getting last minute recommendation from my chem professor) only to receive a rejection letter from ACP one week later. What a waste of time and money! I feel as though my application was not even considered, as I've been reading on this forum that they're offering 2nd year entry to applicants applying for 3rd year. So these applicants have already completed all the prerequisites, but will have to repeat 2nd year all over again to be guaranteed a spot in the professional program.
The admissions rep. had given me false hope. If I had known they would be offering 2nd year seats to applicants who had already completed all prerequisites I would not have even bothered applying, as I would have deemed myself uncompetitive as I'm still in the process of completing prereq's.
I'm kind of turned off by ACP now, and am leery about applying there again.

As an ACP student, have you had a satisfying experience with them? Did you apply to their 3-year accelerated program?

I got into MCP-W without a BS (have an AS, but I don't think that mattered much)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kinda confused about these 3 year programs. Do students in these programs take 25 credits/semester or is it that they have no summer vacation?

At South we take 18-21 hours a quarter and have no summers.

I got into MCP-W without a BS (have an AS, but I don't think that mattered much)

hey i am applying to mcp-w this year for 2009.. if you can give me some information on it...

ACP has a 3-year program? I thought that was only for people who already had a BS, that's what their site advertised...
Oh well, I applied there back in the day for their BS/JD program, only to decide later that I didn't want to be a lawyer.

I guess they just don't do 5-year direct entry...or something. If you're starting as a freshman, you'd start in the 0-6. Right?

hey i am applying to mcp-w this year for 2009.. if you can give me some information on it...

I think the application has to go through Pharmcas for 2009 (at least that's what I read on SDN), but I applied through the mail. What kind of info are you looking for? You can PM me if you want.

Hello everyone again

I think you apply to ACP through PharmCas for their regular program and through an application for their accelerated program. As for those of you that apply to the accelerated program... from what I have heard... they don't look at your application unless you have a 3.5 or better.

Its much easier for you to apply for transfer to the 2nd year and then apply to the new accelerated program that will be coming up. I know that to transfer from inside ACP to that program you can do it with as little as a 3.2 GPA but from outside it is far more rigorous.

As for what I think of ACP... its hard, very hard. They make the simplest classes difficult so that the attrition rate is one of the highest in Pharmacy. I think from (3-6) the attrition rate is around 40% from what I've heard from some of my classmates and it is for that reason that ACP is currently on probabtion with the ACPE along with a host of other problems.

Anyway... I don't really care much for this place since my current BSPS program is tanking to put it gently... My program alone suffered a suffered a 70% attrition rate and that is not counting transfer out into the Pharm.D and actually the number will go up since I plan on leaving this school and transfering to a regular program to finish up my BS before heading out to get a Pharm.D or M.D.

:thumbdown:

Actually I can tell you that in the BS class 2010 will only have at most 2 people left by the end of next year if any.

But thats besides the point... I was really impressed with LECOM and how they handled things. My top pick is LECOM for both pharmacy and medical (DO) :love:

If you have any questions... just PM me

Hello everyone again

I think you apply to ACP through PharmCas for their regular program and through an application for their accelerated program. As for those of you that apply to the accelerated program... from what I have heard... they don't look at your application unless you have a 3.5 or better.

Its much easier for you to apply for transfer to the 2nd year and then apply to the new accelerated program that will be coming up. I know that to transfer from inside ACP to that program you can do it with as little as a 3.2 GPA but from outside it is far more rigorous.

As for what I think of ACP... its hard, very hard. They make the simplest classes difficult so that the attrition rate is one of the highest in Pharmacy. I think from (3-6) the attrition rate is around 40% from what I've heard from some of my classmates and it is for that reason that ACP is currently on probabtion with the ACPE along with a host of other problems.

Anyway... I don't really care much for this place since my current BSPS program is tanking to put it gently... My program alone suffered a suffered a 70% attrition rate and that is not counting transfer out into the Pharm.D and actually the number will go up since I plan on leaving this school and transfering to a regular program to finish up my BS before heading out to get a Pharm.D or M.D.

:thumbdown:

Actually I can tell you that in the BS class 2010 will only have at most 2 people left by the end of next year if any.

But thats besides the point... I was really impressed with LECOM and how they handled things. My top pick is LECOM for both pharmacy and medical (DO) :love:

If you have any questions... just PM me

Wow, I was gonna do the BSPS/JD program at ACP. Glad I didn't end up doing that.

Good thing you didnt because I can tell you that they got no one throught that program so far.

Just for kicks, they said they have an early assurance program with AMC for medical school but they left out the part that no one from the BSPS program actually has gotten through with their little agreement.

They love playing politics and basically told us that we were screwed.

:thumbdown: with a ACP

Ferris State currently has an accelerated program, but it won't be offered for the class of 2013 and on.

i just got B.S Degree in pharmacy from india does anybody know what school has 3 year Pharm.D program besides NOVA in Florida and Western college of CALI
also Can somebody help me with my entrance eassy for NOVA about Professinal goal i really don't know how to start it. if somebody have an old entrance eassy or exemple eassy that would be really nice and i'll appreciate it and also i pay him or her who helps me out seriusly thanks

i just got B.S Degree in pharmacy from india does anybody know what school has 3 year Pharm.D program besides NOVA in Florida and Western college of CALI

also LECOM-erie in pennsylvania and Midwestern-Glendale in arizona

also Can somebody help me with my entrance eassy for NOVA about Professinal goal i really don't know how to start it. if somebody have an old entrance eassy or exemple eassy that would be really nice and i'll appreciate it and also i pay him or her who helps me out seriusly thanks

Western college in California is a 4 year school, only University of the Pacific is a 3 year school in Cali.

Do you need to take the PCAT to get into these schools? If they don't require it is it even likely that I would get in if I haven't taken the PCAT?