3 years later...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDOinWV

Studying for the MCAT!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've decided to reapply to medical school. I graduated from Marshall University in 2002 with a B.S. in Biological Sciences, minors in Chemistry and Psychology. My undergrad GPA was 3.38 and my MCAT scores were terrible, 20. A little over three years have passed and I have decided to reapply. I am studying for the MCAT now in hopes to get a MUCH better score. I'm the single mom of a 14-month old and working full-time, so I have to squeeze in my study time, but I'm determined. It's amazing how much I have forgotten in such a short time. Does anyone have a story similar to mine?

Members don't see this ad.

My story couldn't be further from yours, but I just wanted to offer some encouragement. Give yourself plenty of time for the MCAT. Maybe consider a masters to get yourself back into studying and turn out some solid grades. Good luck! :thumbup:

Well, I graduated in 2003 with a Biology degree. I didn't take the MCAT at that time because I was pregnant when I graduated and wasn't sure if medicine was what I really wanted. Then in 2005 I took the April MCAT, had two months to study (signed up for the MCAT February 14th on an impulse). At that point in time I had a 2 1/2 year old and was 5 months pregnant, also working full time. It was VERY difficult to find time and the energy to study.

I'm glad I don't have to do that again. Make sure you take a lot of practice tests to get an idea of how your gonna do, I wouldn't take it again until you are certain you can get a solid score.

I didn't do fantastically on the MCAT, but it was enough to get in. I'll be done with first year of med school in a little over a month.

Good luck!