Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello smart people of emergency medicine.
I am a third year medical student wanting to go into emergency medicine. Love it.
My question is regarding residencies. What are the pros and cons of selecting a 3 yr residency vs a 4 yr residency?
I live in NY where there seem to be quite a few prestigious four yr programs but was wondering if I should go with three.
One year earlier, attending salary faster, attendings experience (or fellowship) quicker.
What do you people suggest?
I am a third year medical student wanting to go into emergency medicine. Love it.
My question is regarding residencies. What are the pros and cons of selecting a 3 yr residency vs a 4 yr residency?
I live in NY where there seem to be quite a few prestigious four yr programs but was wondering if I should go with three.
One year earlier, attending salary faster, attendings experience (or fellowship) quicker.
What do you people suggest?