30 Days Left/ Retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s2thindi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 30 days before I retake the MCAT. I previously studied with Exam Krackers, took all of the CBT tests and scored a 10PS, 9VR, 10BS (29R).
I believe my CBT average was around 33 (which may or may not be slightly skewed). I already submitted my application....

I'm just at a loss to how I should start studying again. The one thing I will work on is stamina. By the end of the test I was just drained--I remember screaming at myself (inside of my head of course) to keep paying attention in the BS section... that was not a good sign.

I am disillusioned with the whole process and feel like the CBT tests and Exam Krackers were so far off base from the actual test material (in fact, the only thing I found similar between the test and study materials was the format). Any advice guys? I'd really appreciate it. Feel free to PM me too.

*****ALSO, did anybody else feel like their MCAT Biological Section was solely experiment based? For example, they knocked out genes in this rat (or mutated some gene, or evaluated some diease) and then you were suppose to figure out the answers from the complicated graphs/tables/wording.*****

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

30 days isn't a long time. If you have the results from taking the practice CBTs earlier, you can enter those into an assessment tool and receive a customized study plan that prioritizes what you'd need to study.

Also, it might be a good idea to study test taking skills like passage highlighting and guessing skills.

Good luck!

what's ur target score? Granted one can always improve, IMO 29R is a good score at many schools (depending on the rest of ur file). If u retake, analyze what specific topics u're weak in and master them. EK verbal strategy is excellent (in case u're not using EK). With a 29, I'll say u have a good grasp of da general content, so focus on specific weaknesses and practice a lot.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
My target score is ideally a 36. I know this is a bit high based on my averages and what not...but I would be happy with a 33-34.

I would say the rest of my application is great--I put A LOT of time and effort into making it this way. I have a 3.92 cGPA and 3.92 sGPA, and lots of extracurricular activities, good letters of recommendation, and an original, thoughtful (IMO) personal statement.

This is what I've come up with:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8480362#post8480362
Please post in that thread (I'm trying to consolidate my duplicate threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.