$300 dollars to invest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnykr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK I have about $300 dollars to invest in prep materials.

Be it online courses, books or audio.

Can you make recommendations for me.

I am weak in bio and verbal.

Members don't see this ad.

A used copy of the Kaplan guide (probably $30).
A library card and gas to check out the GRE, LSAT and 30 days to a more powerful vocab books from the library.
That should leave $200 on good study equipment like Cheetos, music and a comfy chair. :cool:

How often do I forget about the library?

I would love to buy a used Kaplan book.

I teach chemsitry now so I hope I don't have to review too much. Maybe some organic.

I don't know that kaplan is the best book. I would suggest the books that give you multiple sample tests with a review of the reasoning behind the anwers. Teaching chemistry will help, but would help much more if you teach organics or biochem, for that the Kaplan book isn't bad. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan's and Barron's are the top two PCAT books. Kaplan is a little harder than the PCAT, while Barron's is a little easier.

I also used PCATProfessor.com and it was helpful in the biology section for me.

I also memorized the top 200-500 words of the GRE, but I did not find it helpful. Of all the words I memorized, I think there were only 2-3 on the whole PCAT verbal section.

I also memorized the top 200-500 words of the GRE, but I did not find it helpful. Of all the words I memorized, I think there were only 2-3 on the whole PCAT verbal section.

Yeah, I looked through that book at my local library, and I didn't find it helpful.

For verbal success, I think people have to be comfortable relating two words together as opposed to memorizing random words. There were many words on the PCAT that I didn't have the exact definition of, but I knew enough about the word and its analogue to make a relationship to relate to the answer choices.

I went to Starbucks and drank coffee and used their books. I have an older edition of the Kaplan and Barron's, so it was pointless for me to buy the new editions. But I do look at the other books to see the practice problems. I compared my old books and their new books...almost identical...with some extra problems.