300 Page KA Doc and Anki Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoneBroCO

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my official start date for MCAT studying is not until the 2nd of September, but I have been doing Cars for about a month and a half now, and I will be starting P/S early as well. I want to go through the KA doc and start doing Anki in order to give myself a good base before diving into my full time study routine. My question is, what is the best way to combine the KA doc and Anki? Should I create my own deck as I go along? Should I use a preexisting deck? and if so, what is the best way to make it so that Anki only gives me cards that I have actually gone over in the doc. Thanks in advance for anyone that chimes in!

Members don't see this ad.

So my official start date for MCAT studying is not until the 2nd of September, but I have been doing Cars for about a month and a half now, and I will be starting P/S early as well. I want to go through the KA doc and start doing Anki in order to give myself a good base before diving into my full time study routine. My question is, what is the best way to combine the KA doc and Anki? Should I create my own deck as I go along? Should I use a preexisting deck? and if so, what is the best way to make it so that Anki only gives me cards that I have actually gone over in the doc. Thanks in advance for anyone that chimes in!

If you have the time it is always better to make your own flash cards because you can focus on what you don’t know and the cards will make more sense to you.

When you are going through the 300 page doc (I think the 300 page doc is overkill just FYI), look through the terms and make flash cards for what you don’t know. If you see a term you are super familiar with, don’t waste your time making a card for it! On the other hand, if you find something you don’t know don’t just make a simple word/definition style flash card. Find and example of that concept.

For example:
A fire breaks out in your office building and you don’t remember where the fire extinguisher is. What is this an example of?

Inattentional blindness

Reactions: 1 user
If you have the time it is always better to make your own flash cards because you can focus on what you don’t know and the cards will make more sense to you.

When you are going through the 300 page doc (I think the 300 page doc is overkill just FYI), look through the terms and make flash cards for what you don’t know. If you see a term you are super familiar with, don’t waste your time making a card for it! On the other hand, if you find something you don’t know don’t just make a simple word/definition style flash card. Find and example of that concept.

For example:
A fire breaks out in your office building and you don’t remember where the fire extinguisher is. What is this an example of?

Inattentional blindness
Okay, thanks for the advice! Do you think that for someone who has not ever taken a Soc class and hasn't taken a Psych class since high school, it is realistic to go through either the 300 or 86 page doc with supplemental KA videos while making an Anki deck in a little less than one month?

Okay, thanks for the advice! Do you think that for someone who has not ever taken a Soc class and hasn't taken a Psych class since high school, it is realistic to go through either the 300 or 86 page doc with supplemental KA videos while making an Anki deck in a little less than one month?

That's what I did. I took a sociology class, but I can't say it really helped me with the MCAT. I got 130 in P/S doing just what you are planning and UWorld. If you can get access to UWorld (I borrowed my friend's) it is awesome for P/S, but you can do well without it.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I did. I took a sociology class, but I can't say it really helped me with the MCAT. I got 130 in P/S doing just what you are planning and UWorld. If you can get access to UWorld (I borrowed my friend's) it is awesome for P/S, but you can do well without it.
Okay, awesome. Thankfully I already have all my study recourses in line and I split a 12 month UWorld membership with a friend who is now finished with it. I plan on reseting all the questions and starting that once my content review is mostly done. Hopefully I will have the same success that you did!

1) Read the 300 page KA doc
2) Download Premed95 P/S Anki deck from r/MCAT and use it as a foundation
3) And then add anything to the deck that he missed, you're shaky on, or you want a better explanation on
4) Score 130+ on P/S
Boom 4 easy steps to success.

This is so true! A psychology class will help, but sociology classes don't help because the soc theories and examples on the MCAT are random. The 300 page doc is essential and UWorld is fantastic for P/S. I'd also suggest doing KA passages too. This is the one area where KA is super helpful.

For example:

Inattentional blindness
Do you think the 86 page doc is sufficient to do well on the psych/soc section?

Thank you. Awesome score! What else do you do for that section? It seems to missing a lot of content from the 300 page doc. Is it just me?

It contains the same terms, but there is more information in the 300 page doc on each term. I felt like the extra info just bogged me down. I did all of the AAMC questions and my friend had UWorld that I borrowed for P/S. I loved UWorld for P/S and I did probably 100 questions of theirs. For the other sections UWorld is alright

It contains the same terms, but there is more information in the 300 page doc on each term. I felt like the extra info just bogged me down. I did all of the AAMC questions and my friend had UWorld that I borrowed for P/S. I loved UWorld for P/S and I did probably 100 questions of theirs. For the other sections UWorld is alright
I’m looking for realistic non AAMC passage practices for bio and cars. What did you think was best?

I’m looking for realistic non AAMC passage practices for bio and cars. What did you think was best?

I did some FLs from next step and Kaplan and both had fine bio questions. I think you can find decent bio questions from most sources. The AAMC is obviously the best. I wouldn’t waste any effort on non AAMC CARS questions. My recommendation is to ONLY do the AAMC CARS questions because 3rd party CARS are all garbage. It is good practice to do passages from 3rd party sources and just work on establishing the main point, but skip the questions.