30Q, chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theheat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
STATS
BCPM GPA: 3.60
Overall GPA: 3.69
MCAT: 10/9/11/Q (PS/VS/BS/WS)

This was my second time taking it, and I improved a bit from 28Q (10/8/10) I actually got two interviews the last time I applied but was wait listed at both and then eventually rejected.

I am currently doing a 2 year research fellowship at NIH, and will have 4 co-authorship publications by the time I'm done (3/4 of which I am the 2nd author on). I have also done some shadowing programs here and I plan on volunteering at our clinical center since I have more free time now.

During undergrad I had a ton of volunteering and community service, as well as being a teaching assistant for two different courses. I graduated with highest honors and departmental honors for my thesis work. I don't feel like going into my whole AMCAS again haha but please I value everyone's opinion on whether or not I can gain acceptance to an MD program in the state of PA (I'm a PA resident). I'd also like to hear suggestions on which out of state schools to apply.

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

If you got two interviews last year with a lower score, isn't it obvious what your chances are?

not really... obviously I didn't get in last year and would like to have more than two :confused:

Is the NIH fellowship new? What've you done to make yourself a more qualified applicant? (aside from MCAT)