31Q--3.79cGPA--3.85sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dash2021

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So finally decided to make one of these threads after a bit of hand wringing. First the stats:

31Q-12 verbal, 10 bio, 9 physical science (I actually had was missing a semester of chemistry/physics going into the MCAT, so spent 0 time reviewing bio/verbal and all my time learning physics)
3.79cGPA, 3.85sGPA

Graduated Suma Cum Laude with B.A. Biology and B.S. Psychophysiology, with Chem. and Psychology minors (from a small private liberal arts college if it makes a difference).

Clinicals: 80 hours of shadowing, split between Nuero-surgeon (area of interest) and Internal Med.Primary care. In addition I work in a local hospital as a CNA (i.e. nurses aide).

Biography: I'm a 28 year old non-trad. student (24 when I started college the second time) who came back to college after a failed semester fresh out of high school (hence my significantly lower cGPA compared to sGPA). Was on Presidents/Deans list every semester in my second go around at college, graduated with honors while taking a relatively heavy course load (16-20 hours a semester).

So far my application list is small (very little money, so apps are a huge financial burden):
UK
UofL (KY resident)
Indiana
Cincinnati
USUHS
University of Tennessee

Obviously I'd like to expand on this (even this late in the year) but I'm having a huge crisis of faith at the moment. I have yet to receive a single application from any of the OOS colleges I've applied to, when I've already interviewed at UK (very positive interview there, was told I was "Highly Admittable") and have a interview scheduled at UofL next week.

Should I bother applying to more schools? If so, where? I know I don't have the most competitive application in the world, but I thought I would at least get applications even if I got screened out. I feel I'm a pretty strong IS candidate, but being as Ky only has 2 schools I'd rather not put all my eggs in such a small basket.

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.