36 on Kaplan FL 6. How accurate are Kaplan tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoeKing

Determined Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all I scored a 36 10/15/11 on Kaplan FL 6. I was wondering how representative their tests are. I have taken several gold standard tests and score between 30-33 on those but nothing like a 36. Also I missed a few VR questions so idk how that can still be a 15... Are their tests standardized somehow? What have been your experiences

Members don't see this ad.

IIRC, Kaplan's scales were way too lenient but their questions were harder to make up for it. Missing a few questions and getting 15 would never happen on an AAMC. I think I generally had inflated science scores from Kaplan and lower verbal scores but I'm sure it varies depending on where your strengths are. I'm a physics major so harder physics questions and an easier scale balanced out my careless mistakes to give me very high PS scores.

Essentially, I would use them just to learn instead of as a diagnostic.

Fair enough, I am just a few months out so I don't want to use up my aamc tests

Kaplan scores are too high compared to AAMCs. I was scoring in the high 30s with Kaplan, scored low 30s with AAMC and low 30s on real deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's disappointing to hear! Well I guess I know not to take it too seriously and to continue improving

I disagree with everyone else. I would score in the 39-41 range on Kaplan Full lengths and 34-37 range on AAMCs and got a 39 on the real deal. I was also really concerned that the kaplan scales were too lenient, but it worked out in the end.

That's good to hear. I am glad that it was somewhat reflective of your score

I actually scored lower on Kaplan FL's than AAMC. Was in the 34-36 range with Kaplan, and the 36-39 range on AAMC. AAMC was definitely much more reflective of my real score.