38Q 3.98 cGPA What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jwein07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to a top tier public university and have a 3.98 cGPA and a 38Q MCAT. I have done research in a biochemistry lab for two years and also did research at Rush Medical School over last summer. Besides that I was the service chair for my pre-medical fraternity, volunteer in a local hospital (three years), and I am an EMT-B. I was wondering what my chances are for some of the top tier schools such as U of Chicago, Northwestern, U of Michigan, Columbia, etc. I know my scores are competitive but what are my chances coming from a state school?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll probably get auto-invite at michigan.

Good luck. You'll be fine.

I thought auto-invites were 39+? I guess it isn't rigid though. I'm beginning at Michigan in the fall and received an auto-invite with a 40T. You're fine bro. Good luck!

You'll probably get auto-invite at michigan.

Good luck. You'll be fine.

I thought auto-invites were 39+? I guess it isn't rigid though. I'm beginning at Michigan in the fall and received an auto-invite with a 40T. You're fine bro. Good luck!

I dunno, I had a 3.96 and a 39 back in the day coming from a state school and I didn't get an auto-invite

Threads like this make me bitter, and I don't even have very low stats. :(

OP, you will easily get accepted somewhere and it's highly likely you'll get accepted at one or more top-tier schools if you interview well. Now relax, and go take a shot of something.

I hope you get your second choice.

Your chances are as good as a lot of other applicants at the top schools. Just apply and see what happens. No one can give you a percentage because that data isn't available.

I go to a top tier public university and have a 3.98 cGPA and a 38Q MCAT. I have done research in a biochemistry lab for two years and also did research at Rush Medical School over last summer. Besides that I was the service chair for my pre-medical fraternity, volunteer in a local hospital (three years), and I am an EMT-B. I was wondering what my chances are for some of the top tier schools such as U of Chicago, Northwestern, U of Michigan, Columbia, etc. I know my scores are competitive but what are my chances coming from a state school?

Sorry, buddy, I don't think it's going to work out for you.
tits.jpg

You are going to get accepted to medical school, and possibly a top tier school.

/thread

you should just give up now...don't bother to apply