3r

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lookleft

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some have said this test is much eaiser than the real thing. I have taken 4-6 and will take 7 later but still have room for one more exam. Do you think I should take 3R or a kaplan test.

If 3R is eaiser I would rather take a test thats a little harder so I feel a little bit more confident during the real thing.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For me, it was about as difficult as the rest - at least score-wise. The scaled scores are already adjusted for the difficulty of the exam. I would definitely take all AAMC test you can handle.

3R was the first mcat i had ever seen and taken. i got a 33 on it and then 34s on 4R and 5R.

therefore, i think my unfamiliarity with the test somewhat balanced out the relative ease.

i would recommend that people take it as their first AAMC test 6 weeks or so before the MCAT...

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just took 3r and I have to say I think it is a good test. I took 6r a few days ago and I acutally thought the ps and verbal were harder on 3r, though bio was a little eaiser. I scored a few points lower overall on 3r so for those that are debating to take it I would say give it a try.

I think this also shows that what form of test you get on the 17th does make a pretty big difference. I know some people thought 6r was tougher, and I thought 3r was tougher. This raises the question, is the mcat really a ture standarized test. I don't think so, we are tested on different topics, and one can get very luck or very unlucky.

Hope all of us get some luck on the 17th!

my scores:
3R 12/11/11
7 12/10/11

the scores don't lie. besides, when you input your scores you get the scale, so if 3R was easy you need to get more questions right to get a certain score. just to check, if i compare my raw score on 3R to the tables given with my ek practice set, i should have gotten a 13, but the scale brought me down to a 12. interestingly, the same thing happened on #7 PS

As far as 3R versus the other aamc test...I thought it was "easier", but like liverotcod said the scores are scaled to reflect that. So the material may be easier comparatively, but you have to get a lot more right to get a good score...so it all evens out. It is an ego booster in the sense that you can look at the stuff and be like, "Dude, I know this! I own you MCAT!" or something like that.

bellaMD said:
what does the "R" mean in 3R, 7R, etc? :confused:

The AAMC reordered the MCAT from VR ->PS -> BS by switches PS and VR and also took away 5 questions from VR.

Therefore, the exams they released in the past are just referred to by the #... but after the revisions I mentioned, they released a "revised" version, or "R" version.

Only 3 - 6 should have an R version, but it's pretty much the same test.