3rd Party Exam Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scaredpremed12345

Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping for some feedback regarding my 3rd party scores and MCAT exam. I have taken 4 Altius full length so far and I am getting kind of worried about my scores.

Altius Full length 1: 124/120/127/127
Altius Full length 2: 125/122/125/127
Altius Full length 4: 127/125/126/126
Altius Full length 5: 126/123/127/128

I am not too worried about CARS because I know Altius CARS isn't representative. My main issue is I haven't seen any improvement with B/B and P/S. For C/P I know I can do better I just never finish on time so i have been working on timing. I am taking my test in jan is there hope for a 512+ come test day?

Members don't see this ad.

Don’t stress about 3rd party scores - use 3rd party tests to practice timing, strategies, and to identify gaps in content knowledge. That being said, you’re a bit less than 8 weeks from test dat, it’s probably time to do an AAMC practice test under timed conditions to see where you are at.

I agree with @GreenDuck12 that the time is coming to do (and carefully review) an AAMC practice FL. I'd also recommend focusing on AAMC CARS resources: in addition to the FLs, there's the free sample, the CARS QPacks, the CARS questions in the Official Guide, and they also recently released a "CARS Diagnostic" that has almost 30 passages. Third-party CARS passages/questions aren't fully representative, but an average section score of 122.5 is also a definite signal that you need to focus some energy on CARS.

I agree with @GreenDuck12 that the time is coming to do (and carefully review) an AAMC practice FL. I'd also recommend focusing on AAMC CARS resources: in addition to the FLs, there's the free sample, the CARS QPacks, the CARS questions in the Official Guide, and they also recently released a "CARS Diagnostic" that has almost 30 passages. Third-party CARS passages/questions aren't fully representative, but an average section score of 122.5 is also a definite signal that you need to focus some energy on CARS.
Okay thank you! I’m not sure what happens on Altius CARS when I do Uworld I get anywhere between 70-80%. I’m going to start AAMC this week.

Don’t stress about 3rd party scores - use 3rd party tests to practice timing, strategies, and to identify gaps in content knowledge. That being said, you’re a bit less than 8 weeks from test dat, it’s probably time to do an AAMC practice test under timed conditions to see where you are at.
Okay will do thank you!