Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ggeorge1f1, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ggeorge1f1

Jun 1, 2008
    I recently took the 3R aamc exam given free online. I got a solid 9 on the bio section with no study time. Although this is not the ultimate score I would like to achieve, it seems like a good start. My main question and reason for posting this thread is to gain an idea as to how good this is. If I feel that I am solid in biology, I will substitute a few classes I have scheduled right now for humanities and social sciences. What do you all think?

Thanks for your insight!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Barfalamule

Barfalamule Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 8, 2005
    It will take more than one data point to determine how solid you are in this section. What you're striving for is consistancy and that is tougher. How long have you been exposed to bio concepts? Have you taken anything beyond the necessary bio 1&2 and orgo 1&2? Did you analyze what you got wrong and why? Were these questions clustered in a particular subject?
    Bottom line is I wouldn't extrapolate out from this one test experience. Wait for more.
  4. zenlike

zenlike I'll see you in health. 5+ Year Member

Feb 12, 2008
    I felt 3R gave me an overly-optimistic score compared to the other exams.