3rd and 4th year rotation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What rotation group is better?

• Total voters

cablackf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all I am a 2nd year medical student wondering about 3rd and 4th year rotations. I understand all that matters is the elective rotation times and interview times that occur in October to December of your 4th year. I have posted an image of my potential rotations. I am currently in group 5 but am considering group 3 as the Oct - Dec time frame is all elective, however my school has made it clear 4th year is flexible for rotations. They have failed to answer specific questions or elaborate on that statement. Please let me know what you think in terms of the group rotations (3 and 5 only) as they are my only options. What rotation would maximize my ability to interview and do well? The reason group 5 is still in framework is that the 3rd year rotation is preferred and 4th year is still moderately variable. Any other information would be helpful. I have posted a poll.

Enjoy.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Class of 2018 3rd & 4th Year Rotations.docx
    24.2 KB · Views: 168
Assuming you already know what you want to do: Start with whatever service you hate the most, to get that out of the way, while gaining useful skills for the one you want to impress.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I hear interviews mid October to mid Jan
I did my away rotations before that but heard sub intern ship is good just havent gotten one yet I'm trying to leave November the freest month.

I would do group 5, I like how it gets more chill at the end of 3rd year, and you need audition rotation times from July-Sep ideally. Oct - Jan is basically interview season. I wouldn't want an audition then cause I would want to be able to go to other interviews and not have to ask for time off on an audition.